Tmau is killing me...

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Tmau is killing me...

Postby italiana29 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on here and I would like to share a little bit of my frustrations and experiences. I found out that I have this condition recently but i have suffering in silence for 4 years when this conditions started.I never met anyone with this miserable condition and seems that i am the only one with it in my area.How many peoples have been diagnosed with Tmau in the world?By the way,I live in LONDON.Anyone around wuld be welcome :)
italiana29

Re: Tmau is killing me...

Postby timid » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Italiania, nice to meet you! I know what you mean when you say tmau is killing you, my life feels like one big ball of stress and i'm a recluse at the moment, it's hard to get out there and talk to people never knowing if i smell bad or not, have you confided in anyone in your family about this yet? x
timid

Postby italiana29 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Hello Timid,

I tried to talk about it a couple of years ago with my mom and other members of my family but the conversation is always the same "they think i have nothing,and i do not stink",my mom says that i smell good and the same says my husband,but the peoples reaction is different so i really don't believe.In fact,i think that peoples don't believe in this condition and how it destroys our life,in general they just think it would be an hygienic issue but not a disorder.
Now after 4 years with this problem i just prefer to suffer by my own.I used to glow and see happiness in every little thing but now it is all gone.
What about you?Do you live in London too? x
italiana29

Postby idealist » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi there,

sorry to hear about your struggles maybe you should come to the next London meet-up when ever that is?
idealist

Postby timid » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:23 pm

My family are the same, they told me that there's no bad smell, and i get bad reactions from people sometimes, so i know that i have an odour problem. No i live in Ireland.
timid

Postby italiana29 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi idealist,

I definetely would attend to the meet up but i don't know where it is.Also, I would love to meet someone with Tmau in London but it seems that i m the only Londoner with this condition because anybody else is from US or Australia.Where are you from Guys?

x
italiana29

Postby italiana29 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Timid,

So you know exactly how hopeless and miserable i feel because if my family is uncapable to smell it and tell me i don't know who else would,i mean someone that i trust.I'm 28 years old now and sometimes i wonder to myself how long more i will live feeling miserable like that.How you guys gets to handle life with Tmau?

Timid how old you are?
italiana29

Postby timid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 am

It's very difficult to handle life with it, it's important not to allow it to get you into a rut, i'm 39 and i'm married and have kids, they keep me going and fighting this, i want to live as normal a life as i can for their sakes. We all need to get around to meeting up some day yes that would be cool.
timid

Postby italiana29 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 am

Hello Timid,

I'm also married with kids :mrgreen:
How do you feel when dropping your kids at school?Anyone spot your smell or look at you differently?
I started to get anxious when dropping my kid at school because i think straightway what peoples would be telling about me or even the teachers,i completely lost my self-esteem after this problem and everyday i try to work my confidence and positive thoughts but it seems never work 100%.I just think to focus in my kid needs and i would like to be as happy as i was 4 years ago.
Would be so nice to meet you all guys,maybe we should do that soon :lol: ;)
italiana29

Postby timid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Same here at the school, i don't feel comfortable and i'm always worried about odour, i feel like an outcast and i just keep strong for my kids sakes, i'm very tired and lonely, i don't feel comfortable or acceptable around people, it's very distressing.
timid

Next

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!