Hello,

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Re: Hello,

Postby Summer0408 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Thank you for your information :)!!

In regards to reactions, I am always looking out for this! At work, with family and my boyfriend! Some people I think have a reAction and some don't, isn't it annoying when you go out and try to have a good time and end up worrying!
Is there any meds like kalms or anxiety meds that help, OTC meds I mean... Any research done for this area because doesn't stress make it worse?

I've just built up the courage to ask my boyfriend in a jokey no direct way if I smell (didn't mention of what... Which is fish) as he is away in Milan on business and I know he would be honest (I hope)

Wish I was ignorant and didn't see people's reactions, ignorance is bliss!!
Summer0408

Postby Summer0408 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey smelly,

Yeah, and it's been terrible this year, (since start of 2012)!
I've been having periods Every other week... So you could only imagine!!
Summer0408

Postby kittycat » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi Summer...Sympathies for the pco, sounds nasty...I must say you sound a bit like me in the way you smell of fish, and not all the time...Looking back, I think I had long periods of low odour, but a course of antibiotics would push me off the scale, and the bitching would start......With the stress sweating not far behind....
With fish odour you are hopefully looking at a low choline diet, so what smelly said, with maybe low brassica + B2 to help with FMO3 production....The low choline diet helped fairly quickly for me.....I hope your doc will arrange a Tmau test for you so you can get advice from the dietician..Good luck....kcx
kittycat

Postby PoetFire » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi Summer,

My own theory about the 'anosmia' issue is that a certain minority of the population (maybe 5-20%) are carriers and have a lower 'threshold' for detecting the odor of a sufferer. On the good side that means maybe 20% can't smell us. But if you have a group of friends I am guessing most of them will be able to smell you if you have an odor problem.

It's probably best if someone can tell us exactly the pattern and odours, though easier said than done.

I think also most of us are 'intermittent' and most of the time probably don't smell, making montioring even more difficult.

These theories may be wrong or not appropriate to your case
PoetFire

Postby lisamartin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:09 am

Yeast infection arises due to fungi called Candida Albicans. Its overgrowth causes yeast infection. You should have to apply herbal remedy to get rid from the yeast infection it often occurs in vagina. One of the best remedy for its treatment is Calendula Pessaries.
lisamartin

Postby Weak » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:02 am

Ya I can imagine how you feel, Im also university student and Im sort of a funny person so there are times where people that I meet want to hang out with me but I just decline or avoid the topic. I remember one time a friend I knew from class kept on inviting me to a house party that he was having and said he really wanted me to show up and I had to keep making excuses as to why i couldn't go even though the real reason was I didn't want everyone at the party asking what the smell was, I still cant figure out why he wanted me to go, things like that make me think I dont smell when I know I do. There are also a bunch of times where I would get reactions that make me think I stink and then no more than an hour later I would have someone trying to hang out with me, heck in high school I had this girl that was literally stalking me, leaving love notes in my locker and giving me hugs in between classes, then I would walk into the classes and hear the sneezes and see the faces some people make, one girl in my class even gave a presentation speech on how to "catch and cook fish"... random right? The mixed reactions i get from people literally drives me crazy, there's no rhythm or reason to it. You sound lucky though, you seem to have a few close friends that you know are there for you, I used to too but we all fell apart when we left for different colleges and making new friends seems like a hassle x__x

Ive had this since i was born or atleast as long as i remember so I have grown accustom to alot of things, but for someone to get it to me seems worst because you had a taste of life without it and then had it taken from you. It would be like comparing someone that was always poor to a rich guy who lost everything.

Either way the diet is the best thing you can try as far as getting better goes, which is just copper chlorophyll, activated charcoal tablets, riboflavin tablets and a low choline diet(Be sure to open the tablets and pour them into your water as some tablets are made of things that are bad for you).The thing that helps me calm down is music, i mostly like soulful things that tell some kind of story or something and some occasional rap music, its really good at keeping you calm and taking your mind away from whatever is making you nervous, I never go anywhere without my Ipod. Also find something that makes you happy and do it as much as you can.

Lastly I hate to sound immature but... Periods every other week... Yeast infections... god I wish I didn't read that stuff x__x
Weak

Previous

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!