New Guy Here

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

New Guy Here

Postby Weak » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:04 am

Hey, So I am a university student in my low twenties, I have had this ever since I can remember and I think telling you guys how my life has been would be like preaching to the choir. I am in the US btw, but I dont think there is a Non-UK version of this website. I have known I smelt for a while since i went to school, Immature rude kids + Smelly guy = big problem. And I found out about TMAU through watching a tyra banks show episode with my family... Awkwardest moment of my life trying to pretend like I didnt know what it was going on. I just left halfway through to play some games. It is nice to speak with people who can understand what it is like to deal with something like this.

I came here to see how you guys have done in controlling your condition. There are so many different sources and information and now I am learning that some things only work for people with TMAU2 while other with TMAU1 and prior to this site I didnt even know there was a TMAU1 and 2. I am planning on getting better and living out the rest of my college days in peace without having to stress about whether today is the day my neighbor gets fed up with the smell next door, or if tommrow is the day a student in class tries to humiliate me.

The main things I really would just like to know how you guys do it, what diets work for you, if your TMAU1 or TMAU2, what supplements you take and where you get them etc. What ever works and doesnt work for you. That way I can best put together a regimen for myself.

I think I am pretty sure I am TMAU1 since I have had it at such a low age but I hate saying that since it is the hardest to deal with, I am clinging to some hope that maybe as a kid before i could remember I had some crazy surgery that went wrong that my parents never told me about so that way I am TMAU2 and would have an easier time with this. But I dont think that is the case.

*Again I am from the US so pardon me if I say anything or do anything unwanted. I am not used to UK terminology or anything like that. If I offend anyone or make anyone feel bad please let me know in a message and I will apologize.*
Weak

Re: New Guy Here

Postby amber » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Hey new guy, i really felt for u when i read your post. i wish i could give u the answers that your looking for as it breaks my heart to read about so many people with this crazy condition. the fact that u r managing university is in itself incredible as people can be so cruel and unforgiving. i have turned forty this year having had this condition predominantly since i was fifteen and i am still stuck back there trying to hide from everyone. it sounds like u have the strength to keep trying to find your way in the world and perservere for your own future. dont give up on your career goals or hopes. there is supposed to be a regular nyc meetup which is supposed to be a good one. r u anywhere near that? i know there are other meetups in the us too miami i think but i got the impression there were more meetups in america than uk. go if u r anywhere near. i think it would make all the difference if u can find someone who isnt going to put up that automated barrier of disbelief wen u talk to them and who would be better than someone else with tmau!! thats why we are on here i guess although i know that is easier said than done. my disorder is so severe that i cannot imagine much of a cure to b honest so my best advice is for you to push forward until you find the right doctor to speak to, hopefully the right meetup and maybe yr family if they are at all open to it. you are still so young and have onviously achieved so much already. amber x
amber

Postby lovelee » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:35 am

Hey new guy i was wondering if you have found any new ways to fight this TMAU i am also from the US i have been dealing with this for a year going on two and my life just seems ruined i feel your pain!! its hard to go on with your day when a rude remark are awkward stare can just ruin your day! I am also pretty young 22 and its so hard to want to even do anything i hope you have found some ways to beat this cause im feeling hopless God bless you and please w/b thank you!!
lovelee

Postby Weak » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 am

Hey guys, Ive heard some news here and there that its possible to "reduce" the oder.. for whatever thats worth. Basically you need to become a vegan, eat nothing that is man made or comes from an animal in anyway, also dark leafy greens are out of the question. Btw that is the easy answer, you may have to do some searching on what you do eat to ensure it isnt high is choline or sulphur, apart from that excersize regularly since sweating purges the body and go on a regimen of anti boitics and others pills like nullo(activated charcoal/ copper chlorophyll) & riboflavin... All to "reduce" the odor, full removal is not garunteed but has been seen in some cases. This is atleast what I have been able to put together so far. I havent had to guts to go down this path seeing as I cook in my free time and I like eating good food (If i wasnt pre-med i would definantly be in a culinary arts school). I plan on commiting to the diet some time next week or next month and I will let you guys know how it goes for me, it takes atleast 2 weeks before you start seeing some results with the diet so i probably will have to be on it for atleast a month before i can even guess at whether its working or not. But it seems like it is a possibility that this may be something I am going to have to deal with for a very very long time.

Thanks, your words are heart felt. My life has been a tough one but like all pain you tend to get used to it. If anything you guys deserve more credit than me, ive never known what it is like to not be like this so in a sense I have become somewhat accustomed to it, or atleast as accustomed as one can be. An analogy could be made that I was born with nothing so i never lost anything, while you guys had something taken from you.... What i wouldnt give for someone to develop some kind of real cure or treatment for this. Also i live on the west coast, i will have to try to find whether there are meetings in my area.

If it helps at all I plan on becoming a Genetic Therapist and I am currently on my way to medical school. Not that that means that I will for sure find some way to deal with this, but at the very least you can rest assured someone is hard at work trying to find a treatment. (not to undermine the hard work of anyone else.)
Weak

Postby amber » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:23 am

Hey new guy, i was glad to read another post from you. Dont underestimate how much of an inspiration u can be to everyone. it is amazing how u r managing to push forward. i hope u find the support that u deserve. i forgot to post that there is also a new online support group in US - Hopemovo. com. also skype every saturday 1pm -2pm and US support conference call which is free and apparently has previously had seventy people on line. bloodbornebodyodorand halitosis.com is probably where u should look for meetups etc if u have not found that site already. wish u nothing but the best for your future, amber x
amber

Postby lovelee » Tue May 08, 2012 6:45 am

Hi again! okay so i have tried the vegan thing i lasted five days /: i really need to motivate myself cause like you as well i love to eat and i love all food!

And thanks but i feel for you as well i may have had my life seem somewhat taken from me but i couldnt imagine dealing with it for soo long!! You are very inspiring to keep going on with life and being so strong for a while i shut myself out from my life and sometimes i still do. My prayers are def with you cause i know this condition is obnoxious and stressful! not too add you just dont wanna be around anyone and when no one knows what ur going through you feel so alone! If you do find a west coast meeting please let me know i am also in the west coast cali to be exact.

And Amber what is the skype name or how do you join?

God bless you guys
lovelee

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!