Hi, Im new, so glad i found this forum

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Hi, Im new, so glad i found this forum

Postby when-will-it-stop » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi All,My name is Jay, just registered with this forum today (22/oct/2011). Have only recently read about TMAO and everything has fallen into place....The years of shame and anguish, wondering why i have this odour, not knowing what i was doing wrong (am i using the wrong soaps, am i not scrubbing hard enough, are two showers a day not enough, am i a freak..and the questions whirrled round and round in my head), I feel like my soul has known a moments rest since ive learned about TMAO. I am now eager to get diagnosed and to try all the things that may possibly eleviate the odour. I am very keen to speak, perhaps even meet with people who may be local (midlands, Birmingham/Coventry). would love to be able to talk with people who have already been diagnosed and have followed the dietary recomendations/remedies that are supposed to help, is there any hope for people like us?

Luv Jay
when-will-it-stop

Re: Hi, Im new, so glad i found this forum

Postby Abyss » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:56 am

Hello Jay

How are you? I felt the same when i found this site. It is an excellent site with alot of excellent people. Theres alot of information on here which is useful. I only recently got diagnosed with TMAU but have had it for a very long time but i'm no expert as said am only newly diagnosed but there are alot of postings on here you should probably read. Have you asked your gp to be tested for tmau? Also i made friends with Adrian who lives in the Midlands, his posting is the one before yours if you want to look that up. I live in London myself. Welcome to the forum!

Abyss x
Abyss

Postby stella » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Hello Jay. Good luck with getting tested. Iam half way through getting my final tests done. The last time i checked with the bio chemist dept at good hope hospital my samples are still in the freezer. What hope have we got ? The hospital dont know what they are doing!!!!!! My advice is go straight to the top, get intouch with Sheffield childrens hospital and ask for Mr Nigel Manning for his advice. I should have done that in the first place. I wish you the best of luck. x. I am in the West Midlands but dont want to give my phone number on line. How do we get in touch without putting personal info out for just any one to see? Good luck X.
stella

Postby when-will-it-stop » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi Abyss,
thanks for your reply, im currently looking through all the posts for diet advice, I went to my GP (not a very nice experience!). I didnt expect him to be very understandind, ive not often had to visit him, he seems indifferent at best, incompetent at worst. He gave me the impression that im imagining things, so ive decided to go private, its quite costly but needs to be done. Ironically, my favourite foods are the very bsame foods that i need to be avoiding, (love fish, eggs etc) :| .
Jay
when-will-it-stop

Postby Abyss » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi

No probs, Oh dear, shame about the fish and eggs,although i think according to my diet sheet that if you cut out the yolk of the egg that is ok. I have been able to have egg white omelettes. Before you spend alot of money just print out all the info u can find on here and also if he still is being a twit show him Dr Lachmann place of work on your info, or maybe give Dr Lachmann a call yourself to ask tocall your gp on your behalf for a referral , you'll find that even ignorant drs cant resist other drs phoning them up. Its worth a try before you start spending alot of money.

Abyss x
Last edited by Abyss on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Abyss

Postby Maisie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:04 pm

when-will-it-stop wrote:Hi Abyss,
thanks for your reply, im currently looking through all the posts for diet advice, I went to my GP (not a very nice experience!). I didnt expect him to be very understandind, ive not often had to visit him, he seems indifferent at best, incompetent at worst. He gave me the impression that im imagining things, so ive decided to go private, its quite costly but needs to be done. Ironically, my favourite foods are the very bsame foods that i need to be avoiding, (love fish, eggs etc) :| .
Jay

Hi Jay, can you ask to see a different doctor in the same practice? Someone else might be more understanding, especially if you take a printout of info from this site with you or try and let them have a copy before you go for your appointment.

I think I must be very lucky with my doctor here in Cornwall. He'd never heard of TMAU (and said he'd never smelt anything bad on me) but arranged for me to have the test done immediately and then when the results came back as positive for primary TMAU, he took a blood sample on the spot to sent off for DNA testing. When I saw Dr Lachmann in April, he seemed quite surprised that I'd had all that done!
Maisie

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!