first urine test is positive

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

first urine test is positive

Postby stella » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Hello, I have recently lost my job because of my odour. I scanned the internet day and night to find out what is wrong with me. I came across this web site and i cried with relief, i thought i was the only person on the planet with this problem. My doctor is realy supportive, thank god, he sent my urine to Sheffield for testing and came back positive. I am now waiting for the DNA blood test results. Its been 6 weeks now but still no results. Does any one out there know how long the test results take? I have had odour problems since the age of 10 and am now in early 40s . The only thing iam sure of is that smoking makes my fecal odour 20x worse and stress makes it worse also. This disease is the pits, I ve got no life at all now that iam out of work. I realy dont think i will ever find work again. i just want to say to the person responsible for this site, a big thank you, i would have gone out of my mind without the info on this site. thanks again.x
stella

Re: first urine test is positive

Postby bigvern » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi Stella,

welcome to the forum - :D

really sorry about your job, I know others who have left / been forced to leave because of tmau.

where you from?

I had my DNA donea few years ago and it took about 10 weeks to come back, however I would suspect you may have enough info from your urine test to start managing the condition - have you seen a dietician /Dr Lachmnann ?.

Have a goodlook round the forum lots of good info.
bigvern

Postby stella » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:46 am

Thanks bigvern, I was forced out of job because of a few small minded people. i coulnt stand the evil comments behind my back. People think that i am dirty and dont care that i smell bad. For some reason, now i have a name for this condition i feel some how relived. Last week i eat a tin of salmon for an experiment. I know this sounds a bit daft but hey thats me! I went to a shopping centre out of town. I walked into this upmarket dress shop, and the assistant said to another customer , "oh whats that !!! thats disgusting" . I walked around for a bit and while i had my back turned, she sprayed air freshner around the shop. I am going to miss seafood and nuts the most. I will ask doctor if he will refer me to a dietician. Is Dr Lachmann in London? I am from West Midlands. Stella X.
stella

Postby kittycat » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Stella,
After your test with the salmon, I don't think there's much doubt that you have Tmau! You've still got your spirit and sense of humour, so that'll help you get your life back..... Your doc can send off to Sheffield for the choline test, but, unless you're keen for a trip to London, you're better off reading the forums and concocting your own diet...Don't delay...and get on the probiotics.....today!!!!.........I once left a dress shop and the salesgirls were all gathered around the air conditioning vent....sniffing, and saying they should call an engineer :oops: They're a good place to test whether the diet is working :lol: kcx
kittycat

Postby stella » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:33 pm

hello kittycat, I am new to all of this, what probiotics do you recomend? I have tried a month on the activated charcoal and three weeks on the Nullo tablets. i dont think they make much of a difference, not sure though. with all the stress of loosing my job and having to go into new situations ( signing on ) I have turned to cigarretts after quitting years ago, I deffinately think this makes my halitosis worse. I am trying hard to quit again. Please let me know all your tips to help the tmau i am desperate. Many thanks. sorry about spelling. XXX.
stella

Postby kittycat » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Stella
I would start with Multibionta, as they're in supermarkets and chemists, and they are very easily stored. They also have some vits and minerals which could help keep you healthy while you're becoming an expert on diet..Nullo did nothing for me, and I'd keep charcoal for when you've cheated on the diet...There's good science behind charcoal, but I don't think you're meant to take it constantly...You'll have to knuckle down and read the forum..there's lots of info, and everyone is slightly different in their odour triggers...If you don't find the right diet for you, you'll continue to smell, and it's a long term commitment I'm sorry to say...Get reading!! Forgive all the smilies on my posts, they got on my nerves at first, but then I fell in love with them :D kcx
kittycat

Postby stella » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:41 am

Thanks Kittycat, I will give probiotics a try. I have had look at the forum and will try out the diet too. I have been living on chips for last few weeks , thinking they are low in protein. Thankfully i dont like red meat anyway so thats no problem. So its rice and veg from now on. yum. On the bright side i might lose my spare tyre. x
stella

Postby kittycat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:23 am

:D Good luck Stella, hope it works for you :D Don't forget to check the oven chips have been prepared in sunflower oil, and not vegetable oil which is usually rapeseed oil.....They've formed a diet buddy group on the yahoo forum which is worth following/joining.....Misery loves company :lol: kcx
kittycat

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!