hi fellow sufferers :(

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

hi fellow sufferers :(

Postby sosad » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:34 pm

For about 10 years ive been going to the doctors trying to get to the bottom of my what i can only describe as the foulist smelling breath ever,going round in circles with them while my breath gets worse and worse.The smell is a cross between death and feces and it even seeps out of my feet,filling a room or train or bus in minutes its just so soul destroying.The doctors havnt got a clue and its only through researching myself ive found out finally what i have and that there is no known cure :( Ive literaly gone from hero to zero,having no close friends or relationships with women,i cant really smell myself but from comments and how fast people move away from me i know its bad,really f+++ing bad,its like im been slowly mentaly tortured becoming paranoid about my 24/7 stench.Finding this forum has given me a little bit of happiness knowing that 334 other people have been through this hell in fact going through hell with this....Is there any chance of meeting up with other sufferers in the Wakefield,Leeds area,i dont know any one i can talk to about it and its starting to get on top....cheers
sosad

Re: hi fellow sufferers :(

Postby Lisa » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Hey Sosad, Welcome to our own private lil club.
What you have written there, sounds exactly like the rest of us, we've all pretty much been thru the same.
Have you been properly diagnosed? Thats your first step.
I'm sure you've looked thru all the threads, there's some really helpful advice on here, I'm just poppping thru on here atm, but when I have time, I'll pop back on and see how your'e doing.
Re your Q about someone to talk to in your area. look on Where do we all live? thread. I'm sure there is a few from your neck of the woods.
Chin up, and I'll catch up with you soon, no doubt "the others", will say Hello too.
Lisa.
:D
Lisa

Postby sosad » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Cheers Lisa,ive just been reading alot of the other posts and its a bit of a relief knowing that other people have gone through the exact same scenarios with work and friends and not been able to smell yourself so you cant gauge how bad you smell..Ive not been tested yet and shouldnt jump the gun but without a shadow of a doubt i have tmau and im glad i know what ive got so i can work towards getting some sort of control back in my life :) Thanks for the reply Lisa,much appreciated
sosad

Postby Lisa » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Sosad, you are very welcome, we've all been in that place at sometime or another, so understand exactly how you're feeling. Like I said, go and get tested, then you know which way to go.
This disorder can be managed, thru diet, pills etc, I think you're at the end of your tether now, 9like we've all been), and you can see no light at the end of the tunnel, just this big dark cloud, that controls your every thought, movement etc, speaking from experience, I can now say that this time last year I was in utter despair, I didnt know what was wrong with me, GP was'nt much help, no-one was listening, and I thought I was going mad, I wanted to end it all, I thought there was no other way, fast forward to now, and I'm a different person, yes, this disorder is horrendous, yes, it controls, but I'll be damned if it's going to ruin my life. We only have one, so what if I smell from time to time, my family love me, and thats all I need.
If anyone comments about the smell I tell them whats wrong, pass the buck so to speak, I'll probably never see these people again, so they can think what they like, they're not worth knowing, but thats one more person that is aware of this disorder, and perhaps next time, they'll think before they speak, but their brain into gear maybe? All I know is they cant hurt me, the comments and looks are'nt nice, but move away from it, stay away from negative people, they will only drain you.
Given time you will start to feel better, hang on in there, believe me, it can't get any worse.
So there, my rant over. :shock:
You are in good company in here, and thes are the best friends you could ever wish for.
Lisa.
:D
Lisa

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!