Feel better since exercising too....

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

Feel better since exercising too....

Postby bpositive » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi, its interesting to hear about alcohol trigger. I have just found out about TMAU, after watching tv, and to me it is like i have found a cure already. I know it sounds funny but i have had this going on in my life for 29 years and i never knew what this dam thing was, people in company would ask what the smell was and had someone farted. The smell would not be there all the time and all of a sudden after a few good drinks a big whaft would come after a while i knew it was coming from me and it is so embarassing. But i have also noticed over the years that i have had this whaft even after probably eating something that i shouldn't of, but then at the sametime i do not know what i should not eat etc.. The trouble is i don't smell constantly but it will come at the most unexpected time i.e just got in a cab and there it is, i.e sitting in the theatre and there it is etc etc.. i suddenly knew it was appearing also everytime i got near a few people and i knew it was me, they used to blame a baby for pooping its nappy when all the family were together but there would be nothing in babys nappy, i knew it was me, i have started to take a few of my own precautions and i stopped drinking, 'well for one weekend' changed what i ate and noticed a difference but also the more i felt embarrased the more potant the smell would become. I have started to exercise too, I would like to know if there are certain alcohols that would be ok to drink that are not so sulphur, 'i know wine is' and what foods to eat.

I am very happy to find that there is a name behind all of this, i would really like to know if anyone can help what i should be really eating and drinking. To day i ate a lot of fruit, i had black tea and water, croissants and soft cheese bagel and the smell came at work for about a minute, i know there is a thing about dairy in some people, but the week before i ate soft cheese bagels a number of days and nothing, maybe its the black earl grey tea? 'i don't know' can someone give me ideas of what to be eating and preferably what i should drink or not drink, 'i have cut out fizzy drinks'

I have also started swimming and running and my body feels better, i think it must make make a difference, i feel by bowel works better i was very sluggish before, excercise, diet, it has got to help...

Look forward to hearing from some of you.
bpositive

Re: Feel better since exercising too....

Postby kittycat » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi bp, Welcome to the site, the brave people who have appeared on telly will be pleased that they helped you too :D I thought I was the only person in the world with this problem for over thirty years, so my eyes were popping out when I first read about it too! Such a relief to find out there's ways to control it.
I'm afraid there's no easy way to find out which foods you can eat, it's all trial and error for each person, but it helps that you can smell it. Arun says that beer is the worst alcohol for most of us, but miles says that vodka is ok. He even goes as far as saying that it destroys Tma in the gut. Always worth a try :lol: Exercise is brilliant for sweating out the toxins, and staying regular, as you say, and also great for keeping your spirits up :D kittyx
kittycat

Postby bpositive » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Hey Kittycat, thanks for replying to my message.

Yeah over 30 years is a long time to be searching for answers. I have had a lot of all these symtoms that people have been expressing for a very long time, and i have am still a happy confident person, you would wonder how as all this knocks your confidents for six, but i have always kept my confidence and always been a very popular person. Watching my diet has certainly helped. I used to drink beer but stopped drinking this a year or so ago and went onto wine, 'i am not getting the smell everyday due to my changes in certain things. This weekend though i have really been going for it and eating what i have wanted to and drunk a good few glasses of wine and as far as i know i smell ok? This what i can't get my head around sometimes it comes and sometimes it dosn't. One thing i haven't had in my diet for 4 weeks is coffee and normal bread, 'i have been having bagels and pitta bread', even just cutting these two things out has made a diference to me i believe.

I am starting again to morrow to get all healthy again, and swim every Saturday. I seen that you all met up in Greewich, i was gonna come to that but i feel a bit shy when i don't really know what to expect. But i know if i met everyone that i would get on with them and have a good time. Hopefully if there is another i will pluck up the courage and attend.

BP
bpositive

Postby kittycat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi bp, the good news is, your symptoms don't sound very bad so hopefully with a few dietary adjustments you'll hardly be affected :D The next meet up is in September, during the Thames Festival. If you want to come, pm me, malory, or Arun and we'll give you our mobile no. so you can make contact...You'd be so welcome..Bring some friends :D love kittyx
kittycat

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!