Hello

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Hello

Postby Abyss » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi everybody! I have just taken some time to read your posts and i finally worked up the nerve to sign up and introduce myself. Firstly thank you to the admins who run this site and to all the information posted by other members, you will not believe me but i am crying with relief typing this post, at least if only for while they are happy tears, this site has been a God send, i am not religious but i do think you are a miracle. I have lost my jobs, friends, career and family to this, i have suffered for a long time but now thanks to info gathered on here and a couple of other sites at least i know what to take with me to my GP on Tuesday, i have never looked forward to stepping outside so much in a long time be that it may to see the GP. Finally a chance maybe to change my life in a good way. :P

Abyss
Abyss

Re: Hello

Postby Lisa » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Hello Abyss, and a very warm welcome, you're with good company in here.
I know exactly how you feel, just having a name for it seems to take the edge off, now you can start your journey to a better understanding, and, hopefully, a more fulfilling life, a start over, new leaf.
As you can see, theres quite a few of us, and we pull together, especially when someone's feeling low, which is how we all feel at sometime or another. I wish you well on your visit to your GP, dont take any c***, and dont be fobbed off. This disorder is REAL, not in our heads, and it DOES affect every aspect of our lives.
No doubt I'll see you around the boards, good luck for Tuesady, will be thinking of you.
Chin up, you're moving forward now. :) . x
Lisa

Postby Abyss » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks Lisa and hi, at the moment i'm really beyond words actually, which as a prolific bookworm is quite amazing. Thank you for the support, i definitely have to walk out the door now otherwise i will feel i have let myself down. I'm very anxious but i am going to do it and this time i will scream the place down :D To Tuesday ! Have a wonderful weekend!

Abyss
Abyss

Postby bigvern » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Abyss - welcome to our select club,, I hope it goes well on tuesday :D
bigvern

Postby Abyss » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks Big Vern, it's actually a relief to find people who understand what this actually is! I hope you are well and thanks for the support, i am just collecting info for my GP tomorrow. I was quite suprised to find out from CLIMB that TMAU could affect somebody neurologically, i have diabetic neuropathy and many issues such as memory problems, lol, so excuse the spelling mishaps if any. I do wonder if TMAU is somehow linked. How have you coped? I read somewhere on another site a guy mentioned that he cured himself in two months? Maybe i should find the required section on the forum to post that one. But, yes it is sensational to meet you all. I think it is probably the best year i have had in over 16 years lol! Plus now i have a valid reason not to eat broccoli. Hoorah!

Abyss
Abyss

Postby bigvern » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:30 pm

There is no 'cure' as such according to my knowledge - though the condition can be managed to greater or lesser extent depending on your particular circumstances - have a read of the FAQs and interviews on this site.
There's a lot to take in - don't try and do it all at once!
bigvern

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!