Hello Everyone

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Hello Everyone

Postby Davey » Mon May 16, 2011 9:02 pm

I think i have this!!
I have suffered comments and insults for about 19 years now. People saying I smell, asking if ive farted, sniffing around me, fingers on nose etc etc and im finally going to the doctors tommorow (if i dont bottle it) :oops:
I really need to get some answers to this problem, its gone on too long now.
I saw the Embarassing Bodies program and ive then found this website and feel like there is some hope with this. Ive always thought that the 'smell' must come out of my skin/pores because i always keep so clean. After reading this site i realise that it does. I just pray that a wee test actually confirms it and doesnt leave me still frustrated. I know its short notice but what should i eat before i go?? I read somewhere a couple of eggs would do!

Many Thanks :)
Davey

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby bigvern » Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi Davey and welcome,

If it's just your GP you are going to see tmrw then he will need to refer you for a test, not sure what the exact procedure is now but when I went I was referred to Dr Lachmann in London who organised a test with sheffield childrens hospital.

The contact details are here (and faqs are here:)

http://www.tmau.org.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=41

may be worth printing them off for your GPs info as most have not even heard of TMAU, you got even print off the basic facts page here;

http://www.tmau.org.uk/index.php?option ... &Itemid=62

Good luck mate and let us know how it goes.
bigvern

Postby Davey » Tue May 17, 2011 5:54 am

Thanks bigvern for replying so soon.

I'll definetely print those off before i go. I thought that it would be my doctor that takes a urine sample today?? Obviously if i do get referred to one of the two experts it would be great. At least i will get some proper answers. Thats what i need.
I have a baby boy and am starting to worry if he could have it too. I do not want his life affected by this. I think this is whats making me eventually take some action.
I have pretty much self diagnosed myself just from reading what everyone else has written and the facts of TMAU. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Thanks again bigvern, i'll keep you posted :?
Davey

Postby stephi » Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to say good luck tomorrow. I think your doctor will take a urine sample and send it away for testing...this is what happended with my son. He was diagnoses with it a few months ago, aged 17 months. My husband and I dont have this condition but through a freak mix of a faulty genes each... he has inhereted the condition. Very strange. I know how you must be feeling as I often worry about this condition will affect him, but the diet we provide definately keeps at it at bay for now. I just remind myself that at least he is healthy and happy and he is not ill, it could be a lot worse. But lets hope it will not have been passed on to your son, but if so...keep positive and at least you will know and can make plans for this.

Hope all goes well, and positively for you tomorrow.....whichever the result maybe.

Steph
stephi

Postby Davey » Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Steph and thanks for your reply.

Thanks for letting me know about your son. Can i ask what exactly where his symptoms? And did you know about tmau beforehand? My boy is 18months and if i do get diagnosed with tmau then i would like to get him tested too.
Well....i made it to the doctors and as predicted i dont think he'd heard of it. I told him my story and he got up this website on his computer. I stressed to him how important it is to me to get this sorted. He is going to see how he goes about reffering me to Dr Lachmann or Dr Manning and get back to me. I feel much better that ive been to see him, it feels like ive set the ball rolling now :D (after all this time).
I just hope he comes back to me soon with something positive.

Davey
Davey

Postby Bradley » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 am

Hello All, me new here, feel good to be a part of this community, and me very happy to join this forum,
hope i will learn some good things here and also share my knowledge....
Bradley

Postby Weak » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:07 am

TMAU is not something you should be praying to have, there are alot of other disease out there with similar symptoms that are 100x easier to deal with. Apart from that I wish you the best, hopefully you get good results from the test and get 1 step closer to living a happier life.
Weak

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!