New but not so new member, Arun, Scientist42

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

New but not so new member, Arun, Scientist42

Postby YourPrescription » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:52 am

Hi guys, Arun here. I am well known on the other odour-related sites but have never previously posted on this forum.

Well, for any members who don't know me, I have a scientific background, being a pharmacist with some experience of odour research. I also organize meet-ups here in London, UK, for sufferers of peculiar breath/body odour conditions, whether diagnosed or undiagnosed.

The aim of these Meet-ups is to share tips and to network/brainstorm and also to make new friends who understand what you are going through. This year Malory has kindly offered to assist me in organising and advertising the Meetup.

The first Meet-up will be held 1pm onwards on Saturday June 4th 2011. It will be held on a boat called The Tattershall Castle, moored on the river Thames near Embankment underground station. It is an informal event, just turn up in jeans if you like. We tend to stay on the boat till evening and you can come and go when you please. We sit on benches near the outside bars and have drinks and snacks.

The second meetup will be held in the same place 1pm onwards on BOTH Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September 2011. The meetups are a lot of fun and most members stay all day. Some come and just listen whilst others chat about their experiences and the nightmare they have been through.

People come from all over England to our meetups. The September meetup is an International meetup and members come from all over the world. We may get 8 members coming from the US alone this year! I will have my mobile with me at the meetups in case anyone gets lost. The number is 07753 492 759.
Arun (Scientist42)
YourPrescription

Re: New but not so new member, Arun, Scientist42

Postby kittycat » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:40 am

Hello Arun. I've recently been reading your Vbulletin site, and would like to thank you for all you do for this community. The site is excellent and I'm proud that some of the good posts come from UK members :D Hopefully malory can shape us into a combined force for change. I look forward to meeting you, and raising a glass to us all on the 4th June :lol: love kittycatx
kittycat

Postby YourPrescription » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi kittykat, thanks for the praise. i am thankful for the administrators and members who make the site a place where members feel comfortable spending their time. I am having problems using this site due to a browser incompatability, otherwise this too is a great site.

I look forward to meeting you too, and thankful to Malory for assisting me in organising the meetup
Arun
YourPrescription

Postby admin » Sun May 01, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Arun,

Welcome to the site - it's good to have your input - I'll send an email around to members about the meet up.
There was an initial problem with IE9, which I believe has been solved? - what browser are you using ?
admin
Site Admin

Postby YourPrescription » Mon May 02, 2011 8:33 am

Hi Admin,
I have Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 7 loaded on my computer. I'm not sure which I was using at the time. I am having no problems with Chrome today whereas the Explorer 7 isn't bringing up the Forum at all.

My suspicion is that I must have been using this old version of explorer when I tried to post. Do you think I should try updating it to IE 9? In any case, I often use Google Chrome as it's fast so I should have no problem using this site.
Arun
YourPrescription

Postby admin » Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi Arun,

thanks for getting back to me, I am now on IE 9 and the forum works ok for me, strange thing is, it was also tested in IE 7 and 8 and worked as far as I could see. I'll test again tmrw at work. :D
admin
Site Admin

Postby flower » Tue May 03, 2011 7:05 pm

I guess we all are glad to have you on this site with a scientific background. Thanks for all you do for sufferers of breath/body odour conditions.
There must be more people like you are...you give us hope...

just a member of the forum,
Flower
flower

Postby YourPrescription » Wed May 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Thank you Flower, I just wish I had more time to spend on these sites. Work keeps me busy and I get a lot of emails from members. So apologies for anyone who emails me but doesn't get a response. It often takes me 2 weeks to reply to my mountain of email.

I don't have TMAU so I don't keep up to date on it but I believe many members with strong unusual body odours have a closely related condition (which is unresearched) so I think such sites are of some help, even if the diagnosis is negative.

To be honest, experiences of members is often more important and useful than some scientific research.
Arun
YourPrescription

Postby when-will-it-stop » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi Arun,
When will the next meet up be, i would bry much like to attend. Please let me know...

Jay
when-will-it-stop

Postby YourPrescription » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:57 am

Hi Jay,
Claire is organising a Meetup in Yates in York on Wed 21st December (mid-afternoon till late). Anyone interested in going can email me on ArunNagrath@hotmail.com

We have had over 20 meet-ups in London, and 2 in Manchester but nowhere else in the UK. Now I am thinking about planning a Meetup somewhere in West Midlands so that we get more new people attending. It will be on a Sunday (lunchtime till evening) in February.

I would like anyone who is interested in attending to email me with the following information:-

1 Email address of anyone who is interested in attending? (you can include other contact details eg mobile number if you wish)
2 Where in West Midlands would you prefer?
3 Which Sunday in February is best for you?

The Meetups are for anyone with a strong odour condition regardless of diagnosis
Arun
YourPrescription

Next

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!