Hello everyone!

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Hello everyone!

Postby Berkshirebelle » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 am

Hi

I am 26 yr old female, English but currently residing in Sydeny. I believe I have TMAU but it only occurs during menstruation.

Since the age of 13, when my period started, my life has been stressful, fearful, depressing and restricted, just like everyone else's with TMAU.

It is only about 4 years ago that I found out about TMAU while surfing the net. I had a urine test done in the UK a couple of years ago and it came back negative- but I wasn't menstruating at the time so I have reason to believe, after reading lots of similar experiences on the net, that I am better off being tested again when I am on my period.

The smell is a strong fishy smell, strong enough to clear a room but I can not and have never been able to smell it, which is why it is hard to determine whether a diet change works. Whilst I am on my period and days leading up to it, I adjust to a low choline diet and take charcoal tablets and my current b/f swears he can't smell me but I can't get my head around the thought that I might not after so many years of mental anguish and torture.

I have joined to seek fellow stories from those who experience odours when they menstruate and any advice about how to rid or decrease the smell.

Thanks!
Berkshirebelle

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby kittycat » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:01 am

Hi bb, welcome to the site :D Sorry no-one's answered you yet, but the sun came out and GB went into collective shock :lol: also giddy with wedding bells....Many sufferers test neg. but know that they're Tmau as their symptoms are textbook. It is good to have a diagnosis tho, as it stops those around us (and our docs) thinking we're ocd or paranoid. It could be that your malodour is only expressed during menstruation. Would you consider the contraceptive pill where you'd only have a few periods yearly? It seems to work for other women.... Also, there's a very proactive Australian Tmau guy ....have you found him? love kittyx
kittycat

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!