Greetings. New forum member here

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

Greetings. New forum member here

Postby Blargman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:24 pm

Hello everyone.

My name is Anton. I live in Sweden and I've been plagued by TMAU ever since i was about 10 years old. (I'm 18 Now.)
While growing up I never really concidered that it could actually be a disease, and so I never really understood why the
other kids were mocking me and calling me names. It wasn't until about two or three years ago that I started doing some
reasearch and actually found out that it could be a disease. My family had me tested for it and it was positive.
Ever since then I stopped eating fish. It definitly helped my situation a lot, but the smell is nowhere close from gone.
I've tried to cover it up with perfume and deodorants, which has helped me meet a lot of new people, though the odour is still
there when people come up close. I have never had a girlfriend, mostly beacuse I do smell like fish, but also I am pretty sure that
I've developed some kind of mental block of getting close to people if they would find out my problem.

Started as a greeting, ended up as a way to write myself off. Anyway, felt good.
I'm glad I found this community, and I hope we'll have some good discussions together.
Feels good to be among people who know what I am going through.
Blargman

Re: Greetings. New forum member here

Postby Lisa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Hello Anton, and welcome.
Lots of useful information on here, and lovely, friendly people to boot.
:D
Lisa

Postby flower » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:16 am

Kids and teenagers can be very cruel.
But don't let it take you down.
Find a person you can trust to talk with, maybe your mother, your best friend, someone on the forum....
We must make something of our life. Don't let the others feel that they are more as we are and walking over us.
Just live your life and enjoy things.

Think about the dreams you have and follow your dreams if you can....

Take care of you,
Flower
flower

Postby Berkshirebelle » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:13 am

Hi

I suffer from a fishy odour but not all of the time, only when I am menstruating. Growing up in my teens I thought I would never find a partner and so the thought of living was like a nightmare. I realised when I was growing up though that yes ,although people teased me, some didn't- and it was those people who didn't that are my friends still and who are decent people. I have a b/f, and many people who have TMAU have partners, just like anyone else, and when that person if the right one to be with they will want to be with you regardless of whether you smell or not. So what I'm trying to say is don't be shy/ hesitant to meet girls- as someone is out there for you! Let your personality shine through.
Berkshirebelle

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!