Hey Folks!

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

Hey Folks!

Postby Jordan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Im currently in the process of being refered to Nigel Manning for testing although im pretty sure I have TMAU. I think I have had it for around 4 years (From being around 19/20). In that space of time I have gone through many different phases trying to figure out just exactly what I was doing that made others comment that I smelt bad (I cant actually smell it). What made this process worse for me is that I actually lived by myself and had very little contact with other members of my family (all of whom say they cant smell anything, although I do suspect some are just being polite). So Far I have ripped up and refloored 2 upstairs rooms and the entire downstairs because I initially thought the smell was eminating from my feet. Then I replaced my washing machine, because I thought it was my clothes. The list is endless . . . . It wasnt until I went on holiday for 2 weeks that I realised it wasnt anything to do with my house/clothes, because ofcourse people still complained of the smell.

I have come to terms with the fact that I have some kind of odour that offends people. The most frustrating thing I find is that people never tell you, they just talk amongst themselves. If they just come out and told you life would be so much easier, but then again I guess they fear they may fall pray to 'shoot the messenger'.

I have encountered so many embarassing incidents with this issue that I have lost count. I once managed to clear an entire rush hour commutor train carriage, which as anyone who commutes will tell you, is no mean feat. I have had a similar instance on a passenger jet! Fortunately they are unable to forcibly remove you at 36,000 feet otherwise Im not too sure I would have made it on holiday at all :-(

I am currently trying the charcoal tablets although they seem to be having little effect other than the fact that I have a black mouth for half an hour afterwards!

I have read around this forum for a while and wonder how people continue to have a normal life with his condition? I know with what I have there are so many 'normal' things that I am just unable to do. I mean how the hell do you work in an office etc with this? Fortunately at the moment I am a student and still find it exceptionally difficult to cope with. God knows what the future will hold :-s

Anyways nice to meet you all,

Jordan
Jordan

Re: Hi Jordan!

Postby idealist » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Jordan,
I am at Uni as well; I know that a few other members are studying too. I will try to do a post over the weekend on ways to cope. I hope things eventually get a bit easier for you. ;)
idealist

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!