Hi

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Hi

Postby greysanatomy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:51 am

N?A
Last edited by greysanatomy on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
greysanatomy

Re: Hi

Postby Lisa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Hello there.
I had to pay for my test, like you, I wanted to know if I had TMAU, it cost me £160, but it was worth it. Could you ask your GP if you can have it done for free? or, if you'd prefer, I could give you the info to get in touch with Dr. Manning himself, so you could ask him about the test?
What I suggest atm is, to try the diet, dont go full pelt on it, just incase you dont have TMAU, tho it does sound like it, but I'm no expert. Try eliminating eggs, red meat, beans, and see if it makes a diiference.
I too have stinky wee, and breathe, I have tried antibiotics, and they work for me, along with the diet.
We have all been in your situation, dodging social events etc, thats fine, for now, just until you get sorted. If thats what makes you feel most comfortable then do it. Adding more stress can make the smell worse. But dont completly shut yourself off. Watching peoples reactions is something we all do, like you said, we've taught ourselves to do that as a defence mechanism, it can be "un learnt", but one step at a time.
Try not to see this as one big thing, break it down, that way you wont feel so overwhelmed by it all. Write things down if it helps.
I would strongly advise you to speak to your partner, you will feel so much better, a problem shared is a problem halved so they say. You may be surprised by their reaction and support.
People on here are lovely, as I'm sure you've seen, you little lurker you! Dont be afraid to ask Q's, we all try to help each other.
Positive thinking is in order.
Remember, just because we have this disorder, doesn't make us any less worthy, infact, I think we are luckier, we have a better and more understanding outlook on life. x
P.S. My typo's due to me only being able to use one finger typing. :roll:
Lisa

Postby greysanatomy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:13 pm

n/A
Last edited by greysanatomy on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
greysanatomy

Postby Lisa » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 am

You're very welcome, do keep us informed as how you get on with test etc.
Low self esteem, been there, and I'm buggered if I'm going there again. Yes people say nasty things, but will you see them again, are they important in your life? No, we dont need negative people around us, the only people that need to know about our condition are people we trust, who can be supportive to us, anyone else can %$"! off in my opinion, they are sooo not worth it. Yea, perhaps we smell from time to time, it's not our fault, but for the people who make nasty comments, sod em, I'd rather be me than them, I have tact and understanding, they obviously get off on hurting other people, they have no backbone. If they were confronted with what we have, I'd like to see how they cope. Haven't time for them. (rant over)
It takes alot of courage to see someone and explain symptons etc, I know, I didnt tell anyone for years, and thats the wrong thing to do.
You are on the right track, and everyone on here is behind you all the way. Hold your head high, you've got nothing to be ashamed of.
X
Lisa

Postby greysanatomy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 pm

n/a
greysanatomy

Postby faisal0833 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:08 pm

n/a
<a href="http://badabingbaby.com/">Micro SD Cards</a>
faisal0833

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!