Please help!

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

Please help!

Postby booboo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi I am new to this site and it has taken me alot to pluck up the corridge to post..
iv been suffering from the symptoms that people have been describing for about 10 yrs,
it has worsened since i had my baby 3yrs ago.. i have been to my gp but she insisted that
it was in my mind, they put me in touch with a support worker. They have prescribed many
medications for me saying it was delusional, but i am very positive that its not. The thing is my partner
says he can not smell anything, but i can it verys from day to day depending on what iv eaten or drank.
I have also heard people make comments about me outside, which is hertfull but iv learnt to block thing out over
the years to a certain extent. Its took over my whole life and iv become a different person.

Is there anyone from Manchester that has this condition, if so i would be most greatfull if you
could get in touch.

Thanks
booboo

Re: Please help!

Postby flower » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Welcome Booboo,

You are around positive people here and people who care for you,
I agree, it is a long way to accept. I hope you get the support you need.
Look forward to hearing your posts.

Flower
flower

Re: Please help!

Postby kittycat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi booboo
Welcome to the group and don't worry, we've all been thought of as a bit bonkers in our time! :? As long as you stay strong, and know that you're not imagining that people are saying things, you'll be fine. It's a very difficult condition to describe to others, even health professionals, and they don't seem interested enough to read these forums.....Then they'd understand!!!
You probably don't feel very lucky at the moment, but you are, being able to detect the odour yourself. You'll notice what foods affect you, and know what suppliments or antibiotics help. Let us know what you find out. It might help someone else, and I've found to talk about it on here has helped me too.
I hope someone in the Manchester area contacts you, but stay in touch with the rest of us won't you? love kittyx
kittycat

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!