hi all

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

hi all

Postby leedsunited1992 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:35 am

hi all
am Joshua 18 from Sheffield
New to this forum but so glad I found it. I have not yet been diagnosed with Trimethylaminuria but am 100% I have it,my odour is fecel odour,bad braeth witch sum days can be strong and other days not as strong. I fist noticed this when I was about 14 years of age when I moved new school with meant being the new kid every one what's to see you and it soon become clear that I smelt ,at first I thought it was something I could solve it i alredey got a bath every day and brushed mi teeth so I just got more baths daily but nothing got better I still had a odour ,then I went through the crazy stage and kept asking my self am a wipeing my self propley witch I was as I have no traces of feces ,so then I hit a brick wall until I found this site and found that am not the only one.Today i went to my gp who was very helpful which was great as I was dreading going as I was embarrassed to say ,he said he will send to a other person for sum test and then might need to refer me to somewhere else, I told him about the doctor in london so im hoping I can see him . I know they no cure for this yet but it would make me feel better knowing that this relay is not my fault and that maybe with the right diet and treatment I might be able to reduce the odour a bit and maybe i can start to live my life again the only thing that keeps me going is my family and my friend who I am so great full to have.

any way enough about me lol do any people on here live in Yorkshire as it would be great to meet other people with Trimethylaminuria.

stay strong

Joshua
leedsunited1992

Re: hi all

Postby bigvern » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Joshua - welcome to the forum, you seem to have your head screwed on by realising that it is indeed NOT your fault.
It would be good to know how things progress with you Dr. Good luck mate and keep us informed..

not from round your way - thread here with wehre people live:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=130
bigvern

Postby leedsunited1992 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:21 am

thanks pal will keep informed
leedsunited1992

Postby stephi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi The Leeds United username stood out, we are from from Leeds!! Although we are from Yorkshire, it is my son 17 months who has just been diagnosed with TMAU so not sure we would be able to offer much support to you but just wanted to say I can understand how you must be feeling. I really worry for my sons teenage years, but you seem to be coping well despite the difficulties and embarrassment you have faced. I hope you get diagnosed soon and you can start changing your diet and hopefully see an improvement which will make life easier for you!! Good Luck!!
stephi

Postby leedsunited1992 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:13 am

thanks stephi
leedsunited1992

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!