London Meet up in September

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

London Meet up in September

Postby snoopy39 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi All,

Just advertising the London meet up we are holding for anyone affected by body odour/halitosis issues in September on weekend of Sat 11th and Sun 12th Sept which coincides with the Thames Festival. If you live in the Uk and are suffering with a body odour condition of any kind please consider coming along and meeting people in a similar situation. These meet ups were originally started by Arun Nagrath from the body odor support site as a way of bringing members together as one of the most difficult effects of our conditions is that we are often isolated from others and find it hard to maintain or make friendships/relationships. At these meet ups you will be with people who share similar experiences and can empathise with what you are going through and offer support. It may also be reassuring to know that for some weird reason we can not detect each others odour-- I've been to countless meet ups now and not been able to detect anything from at least 30 different people I have met which means you can relax and don't have to worry.

The meet up is being held on both days from 12 midday at the Tattershall Castle which is a stationary pub/boat moored on the River Thames at Victoria Embankment, London SW1A 2HR. It's very close to Embankment tube station. On both days we'll be on the boat chatting from 12 until about 4 when we will probably explore the festival a bit more as a group. If you are interested in attending or have any questions please don't hesitate to e-mail me at snoopy3932@yahoo.com or call Arun Nagrath on 07753 492759.

I hope we see some new faces-- it can be daunting to attend a social event like this but as a sufferer myself I have found the friendships I've formed from attending meet ups invaluable in helping me cope with living with my condition. Hopefully anyone who attends will feel the same way.

Cheers, Jan
snoopy39

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!