TMAU

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

TMAU

Postby Maggie » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering from a terrible body odor for almost twenty years. I have been to several GPs and gynecologists thinking that I have an infection causing the terrible smell that varies a lot - sometimes like garbage or feces, sometimes like public toilet or sewage depending on my food consumption. It makes my life miserable as I am working with children who constantly complain about my body odor. It gets worse during my menses and can fill a room easily. People usually spray after I leave. I haven't been tested or diagnosed with TMAU yet, but I know it for a fact that I have some type of TMAU.

After reading the suggestions you made here, I decided to try the low choline diet. I am so used to eating bread, meat, fish and chicken. To be honest with you, I feel very weak. Just come back from the supermarket, got rice noodles and rice milk. Also, lots of fruit. I spent 2 hours trying to find low choline food that can give me energy at the same time. I know it's not possible. One good thing is symptoms got less I assume - no more complaints about the public toilet or sewage smell. Last week,I used flagyll and started taking charcoal and B2 tablets.

Do you have any more suggestions for me ? Does anyone know how to make low choline bread ?

Someone suggested taking alfalfa tablets in one of the forums ? Alfalfa is said to prevent cholesterol absorption in the gut. Does anyone take Alfalfa tablets?

I am planning to go to the Uk and get tested as a private patient since I am not a resident in the UK. Do you have any suggestions ?

All the Best,
Maggie
Maggie

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!