Relationships

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Relationships

Postby Oneneo » Sat May 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on dating with this condition? The anxiety that comes with this is a bit much and has ruined a lot of potential relationships with women for me. I've lost some hope, so any success story might inspire me or general advice is welcomed.

Thanks
Oneneo

Re: Relationships

Postby veryunlikely » Wed May 13, 2015 8:13 am

Hi oneneo,
I can see no-one has replied to your very relevant post . :(
I am female and newly diagnosed .I have been lucky enough to sustain relationships previously but I think it may be tougher for you men , as female olfactory senses are a lot more sensitive than mens, although myne isn't. I have always had a poor sense of smell. I have been married and divorced (not due to my smell ,he was just a loser ), and I have had a few relationships in my time and have been blessed with children. I have a few good female friends who know me well and if they do smell anything from me they don't mention it ,as they are aware of my pristine personal hygiene (stayed over at their houses and spent ages in their shower) . My aroma is very strong, it helps if you have a good sense of humour and make it over obvious you are clean ,as the savvy will probably link your aroma to something medical or something you have eaten and the not so savvy are just plain ignorant and not worth the time or effort . In my opinion, smell is very subjective, just like taste , what one finds repulsive ,another may find attractive . Be bold, be brave and embrace the positives of TMAU, gorgeous thick hair and strong teeth and bones .Chin up ,there is a big world out there and believe me there is someone for everyone ;)
veryunlikely

Re: Relationships

Postby Oneneo » Wed May 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi 'veryunlikely'

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. And your right, time to be bold and brave. I haven't been diagnosed, but I experience the same BS everyone else on here bangs on about and I've let it do my head in for too long. Switching off the paranoia is a trick I need to learn. Still not entirely sure if it's mental or physical or a combo which if the doctors diagnosed then it would be something I could try to accept. Maybe I should except being in limbo eh?
Sounds like you've cracked it despite the TMAU, its encouraging to see and I'm grateful you shared, it has lifted my spirit a bit too, so job done.

All the best 'likely'
Oneneo

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!