New Member April 2015

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

New Member April 2015

Postby TMAUandME » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Hello all, same story from me too...

I'm a 42 year old male, had the symptoms since late teens, grown up with it all my adult life without knowing why, GP's dismissing it as “all in the mind”.

Earlier this year (2015) I stumbled across a TMAU article, I had all the symptoms, and whilst a little apprehensive approached my GP who immediately organised a diagnosis, proving positive.

I've already had to accept that this characteristic is part of me, I've been known by it all my life and have no control over it, just as those born with a physical abnormality. Despite having a good circle of friends who just accept me as is, the emotional isolation is still painful!

This is the first opportunity I've had to comfortably discuss the matter outside my GP's surgery, i'm actually crying whilst typing this but these are happy tears! As TMAU is a medically proven label for the condition part of me wants to visit everyone who's made hurtful comments and educate them.

Now i'm officially part of the TMAU community I'd very much like to meet another members.
TMAUandME

Re: New Member April 2015

Postby Lisa » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:43 am

Hi there,

Welcome to our group.
Where a abouts are you, there's quite a few of us dotted around the UK.
Lisa

Postby Pebble » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Welcome from me also. There are many friendly people on this forum to chat to
Pebble

Postby TMAUandME » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi Lisa & Pebble,

Thank you for your replies! I'm in Greater Manchester, are any members located around this area?
TMAUandME

Postby idealist » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Lisa you're so kind.You are always welcoming the newbies and giving everyone such good advice :D
idealist

Postby Lisa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:55 am

Just remembering how I first felt Idealist, kinda like a cyber hug from someone who knows exactly where you are coming from, and completely understands.
As my lovely Nan would say, "You reap what you sow". (And my Nan was ALWAYS right) ;)

And btw Thank- you, that comment has made my day!!! :D
Lisa

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!