Hi everyone!

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Hi everyone!

Postby Iketha » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm new to this forum but not new to this condition. I have a combination of hyperhidrosis and I think tmau too. Haven't been tested yet but when someone sprays perfume in the office when I've washed and put deodorant on I definitely feel like I have it. It comes from my underarms and groin area. I don't know how to stop it. At the moment I'm trying to reduce choline intake in my veggie diet and all the naughty nice things in life. It's a struggle. I feel crippled like I can't act normally as I constantly have my ears pricked as to what people are saying behind my back about me smelling. And then I try to position myself as best as possible to prevent the whiff. Also frequenting the loo too often for long periods of time to clean with wet wipes and changing clothes. It's a nightmare. I've found one solution for my underarms with botox but it doesn't last long. I'm so grateful to have found this forum with people in a similar boat where we can talk and let things off our chests with common understanding. It's just a relief writing here now.

Thank you!
Iketha

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Lisa » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Bless you Iketha, and welcome. X
Lisa

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:52 am

Welcome to the group
beautifulsoul39

Postby Iketha » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:16 am

Thanks!

I've some lectures on Monday so going to try to 'detox' myself for then. Seriously thinking about different careers...
Iketha

Postby sweatybetty » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi Iketha

Welcome to the group and sorry to hear you are having these issues.

Re the hyperhidrosis - not sure what you have tried or been advised by the doctor. Initially a GP would probably prescribe Driclor (aluminium) roll -on which I believe works by sealing up sweat glands. I've used this under my arms and on my feet. It worked but I developed compensatory sweating in the groin which frankly is a more difficult. The 2nd stage treatments for hyperhidrosis (botox/ ionetherapis/sympathectamy ( spelling bit dodgy) cannot be used for sweating in the trunk/ groin area.

I suffer similar problems to you plus have confirmed TMAU :cry: . I was prescribed Pro Banthine tablet by the Dermatology dept at Kings but I have not found these helpful. It is an absolute nightmare to manage. I would say I am a nervy person but it is difficult to decide whether I am nervous because of the sweating problem or sweat because of feeling nervous.

Maybe you could ask your GP for a referral to Kings and hopefully fingers crossed the tablets might be of some help to you.
sweatybetty

Postby Iketha » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi!

Thanks for your advice. I've gone down several routes. I first tried Driclor but find it doesn't work very effectively. I then tried to get Botox on the NHS but they've given me Pro Banthine which I'm trying. It's quiet restrictive to your eating patterns and makes my stomach churn whenever I take it. So I've gone privately and got Botox for my underarms which really helps. But my groins still sweat and smell awful though. I keep on wishing it away but had a good reminder today. There just seems to be no end. I'm thinking of having laser sweat ablation surgery. Don't know if it's recommended?

I totally get you with the nerves thing. I get nervous in anticipation of sweating and smelling. And then I get more nervous because it's happening. I can see that people around me don't understand why I act like this. It's so difficult to tell someone about how or why you are the way you are. Especially as people don't think it's a medical condition.

I'm going to try get tested for TMAU soon too. Do you restrict what you eat much?
Iketha

Postby Dandelion » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi Iketha! I have tried to sent you a message but it didn't work..
Dandelion

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!