Hey! New member here.

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Hey! New member here.

Postby oes10 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a 24 year old male from Chester. I've not actually been diagnosed with TMAU but I'm certain I've got it because of over 10 years of the looks, gestures, the sly comments and sometimes down right insults...I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. I've never had the courage to talk about this humiliating condition with anyone, not even a doctor.
But I've had all I can take of it so now it's time for some positive change!

I was bullied out of school because of this affliction so I've missed out on an education which means I'm unemployed and really struggling to find work that lasts for more than a month. Leaving school early meant I became very isolated annd alone which caused my mental health to deteriorate. So when I was 17 I tried to kill myself and was in hospital for several days (where I received tons of abuse regarding this condition from the doctors and nurses on the ward...I actually left hospital wanting to kill myself even more than before I was admitted!).

Since then not much has changed. I wasn't offered any psychological help and I'm still alone and isolated. Every now and then I get those dark thoughts creeping into my mind. But I manage to snap out of it by reminding myself that I don't want to die, I just want a better quality of life... And that life is attainable! TMAU may be uncurable but it's definitely manageable. I'm sick to death of not achieving my full potential and being kicked down to the gutter by everyone. I'm young, intelligent, kind & compassionate, ambitious and frequently get told I'm handsome by women of all ages (nothing ever happens because they inevitably find out I stink! Lol!).

So I think it's about time I wrapped up this little rant. I'm here to learn as much as possible from you all on how to combat TMAU so I can start living. And if anyone wants to have a little chat about anything else that'd be great =).
oes10

Re: Hey! New member here.

Postby Lisa » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:14 pm

You are amongst friends here, who will not judge you or put you down, Welcome.

Like you stated, it's time for positive change for you, you have put up with more than enough, and your new life begins now. :D

May I suggest that you get tested first, arm yourself with as much info you can, present it to your GP, and state you would like to be tested for it.

Meanwhile, there are lots of lovely people on here who are more than willing to answer any Q'syou may have.

Good luck with it all, please keep us updated.
Lisa

Re: Hey! New member here.

Postby sweatybetty » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Hello oes10

Welcome- I would agree with what Lisa says - there is loads of information on the site and many knowledgeable people.

Also as an aside and completely unrelated to the TMAU - I just wanted to add that your post was very well written, articulate and insightful and these are skills that are valuable - it is never too late to go back to education!
sweatybetty

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!