new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Postby Stress_Mode » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:44 am

Hi people! I'm new here, just been battling with is embarrassing condition for most of my life. I'm a 31 year old woman and I Am really desperate to gain control of the condition. I had been to different doctors who were unable to help. I started having intermittent smell at the age of 14 which would come and go but this year it's seems to have become permanent. It's at it's worst when I am at work. People always hold their noses and I can see the panic within the team every time we have a desk move. This has left me anti social and this really breaks my heart. I am married to a lovely husband and we have a one year old boy. The strange bit is that they don't smell me, my m and sisters also think I am crazy as the also say they don't smell me. I also get the sniffy reaction when I'm out shopping and at church. Since finding this forum I have gone to my doctor who could smell me the last day I went and told him about tmau. We have sent the samples and it's been 2 weeks now but the results are not yet back. I have started the low choline diet but still getting the same reaction from people . Do you guys know how long it takes to get the results back?
Stress_Mode

Re: New member

Postby Jenny » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi there,
I've had this problem for several years and have put it down to acid reflux as I have a constant bad taste in my mouth. People at work not only hint about a bad smell and tell me to drink water all the time, but they also have allergy type reactions to me (sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes). This makes me feel horrible and is so stressful, more often than not I drive home crying! I've been referred to a gastroenterologist who decided that I was being paranoid and has signed me back to my GP. I'm completely sane and the reactions happen wherever I go and too often to be a coincidence. I've literally just found this site and discovered about this condition and I'm wondering if I could have it. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Jenny

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi all doctors etc all differ for when they actually tell you results mine took roughly 4-5 wks most are sent too Sheffield and not all are done correctly ie not transported correctly also you can have a false positive from a urinary infection that would come up as a tmau2 diagnosis because of elevation in tmau on a normal urine sample when some people are actually tmau type 1 ,that is why dr on here tests maximum 3 times on first test ,i would hold off immediately on low choline diet till you get help as it can make you really poorly it can be frustrating but wait for your result and then you hopefully will be referred to a dietician,and you have nothing to be ashamed of we all poo out our poop the same way no one is any better than anyone else ,best wishes
beautifulsoul39

Postby Oneneo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi all,

I can relate to your experiences. I'm a 38y/o male and since around 12 or 13 I've been trying to cope with this. Only about four years ago I summed up the courage to tackle the issue head-on. Having to overcome that chronic embarrassment and overwhelming anxiety just to sit in a dentist chair or speak to my GP about it, was a huge ordeal but I was determined to get answers. Four years down the line, and several GP's who all believe me to be delusional about having a malodour condition, I've lost my hope in that lot. What a mystery this is, either there is a subtle fluctuation in the potency of my malodour depending on social environment and/or social anxieties invested there in and/or diet, OR its all in my head and all those nasty comments and rejections were scripts I handed out to the world so they could all play along.

It breaks my heart to read about others who are suffering this. I wish you all good luck
Oneneo

Postby mariareese » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Hello folks ..
mariareese

Postby Oneneo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:07 am

Hi Maria, are you a new member?
Oneneo

Postby mariareese » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 am

Yes, I am new on here, where are you from?
mariareese

Postby Oneneo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:18 am

I'm from Scotland, how about you?

I'm new too, I'm unfamiliar with forums in general but I hope something positive will come from reaching out.
Oneneo

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!