Hello

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Re: Hello

Postby Matt » Tue May 13, 2014 5:08 pm

haha Succinct and to the point....quality that Lisa.....I tend to agree with you...for all of us our situation could be worse...you can say that for everyone really. But I have to say I do think people who are dealing with this and coming out on the other side are fantastic because the reality is however lucky we are in relativist terms we still deal or have dealt with incredibly depressing experiences. I love your quote by the way. I cant remember who said this other quote but it was along the lines off if you can truly not care when others slag you off then you are finally free....Im working on it! I may just check your posts to analyse the "loon factor" on a one to ten scale! Thanks for the nice words.

Cheers

Matt :-)
Matt

Postby Lisa » Tue May 13, 2014 6:51 pm

You are very welcome Matt.
Re: Loon factor, not to be confused with Kc, she is way more "loonier" than me!!!! Lol
And yes, we really are a lovely bunch on here, pity more people can't be the same?

:D
Lisa

Postby Matt » Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm

looniness or sheer darn madness is all subjective and part of lifes great fabric blah blah blah....I try and give people the benefit of the doubt but yeah there is definetly a lack of empathy or understanding regarding TMAU from some sections of the public. But others are wonderful...swings and roundabouts I guess. Its sound here though and thats the main thing! :D
Matt

Postby kittycat » Wed May 14, 2014 8:32 am

:lol: I spent 30 years being treated like a freak at work, and mad by my friends and family, so I reserve the right to be twice as loony as the rest of you!!! But welcome Matt... And thank you to Lisa and all of this forum for holding my hand on this psychiatrist couch, whilst stifling your yawns :D
Ps. I really miss 'smelly'... Just tell us you're ok lovely girl.... Kcx
kittycat

Postby Matt » Sat May 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi

I just wanted to give an update on my situation. I got tested for TMAU in mid 2014. I had to wait ages for the results but in the end they were negative. I was not very suprised because my food intolerances and types that caused me past anxiety did not really correspond to the general TMAU diet. I know there are plenty of variations in the TMAU diet as to what is acceptable but the general chlorine theme was not something that resonated with me. I now think it may come down to gluten as I was speaking to a bloke who had the same issues as me going way back and years later he was found to have celiac disease. The odor stopped once he eliminated foods with gluten from his life. So I think that may be it but of course I am not certain. The smell hardly seems to happen anymore and I have virtually eliminated gluten foods from my life. In fact I had done so years previously even before I considered that this may be the reason for the odor.

But I wanted to give a quick explanation as to why I stopped posting on this forum, especially as many people had taken the time to greet me and say hello. The welcome was outstanding and I was so grateful for it. I found that when I was explaining my past and looking back upon it I started to feel anxious and get the kind of feelings that I had experienced twenty years ago. The looking back aspect of it brought it back to the forefront of my mind and I began to worry about it all over again. I would be hyper sensitive to smells and looks and glances and even though I am largely free of this odor now, my perception of it became powerful and renewed all over. I quit a temping job because of it and this then made me question as to whether I should remain on the forum. I chose not to leave but to simply be inactive and stop posting. I feel that I can contribute and try to help people who are feeling desperate but ultimately I made the selfish decision to help myself. And in that sense it worked as it has once again gone to the back of my mind and I am not locked into this cycle of fear and paranoia.

So I hope everyone is ok and I want to thank people again for their kindness towards me and I hope there is some resolution for people and some light at the end of the tunnel. I have the deepest respect for anyone who is living through this. Love and hugs from Matt :-)
Matt

Postby Lisa » Sat May 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Hello stranger,

You are sounding much more positive, and I am sooooo pleased you have your odour under control.
Certainly do not apologise for deciding to put yourself first, it's great having this community to guide us thru, but in the end, we have to help ourselves, no-one will do it for us, so you carry on.
Please don't leave us entirely, it's nice for people to "pop in" and say Hello from time to time.

Wishing you all the love, luck & happiness ever ever.
Take good care of yourself Matt. x
:D
Lisa

Previous

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!