Bisin

Dr Dolphin was part of the team who first demonstrated that mutations in the FMO3 gene are the cause of the inherited (primary form) of TMAU.

Moderator: admin

Bisin

Postby kittycat » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 am

Hello again Dr Dolphin, I hope you are well. :D
A news report states that an Irish microbiologist, Dr Dan O'Sullivan, working in Minnisota Uni., has accidently discovered a natural preservative called bisin, while examining a culture of bacteria found in the human intestine. It destroys the bacteria which make meat, fish, eggs, dairy, opened wine/salad dressing, and canned goods, decompose. This could extend the life of these foods for years, even out of a fridge. It prevents the growth of E-coli, salmonella and listeria, so obviously may prevent much illness, and death. Will it ever be in pill form to combat such bacteria in the human intestine tract, do you think?
There's also gas flushing, which replaces oxygen with CO2 and nitrogen...Could this be used as an enema in the human bowel, or would it kill the patient and the bacteria?
Warm regards, kittycat..
kittycat

Re: Bisin

Postby FADworker » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:25 pm

kittycat wrote:Hello again Dr Dolphin, I hope you are well. :D
A news report states that an Irish microbiologist, Dr Dan O'Sullivan, working in Minnisota Uni., has accidently discovered a natural preservative called bisin, while examining a culture of bacteria found in the human intestine. It destroys the bacteria which make meat, fish, eggs, dairy, opened wine/salad dressing, and canned goods, decompose. This could extend the life of these foods for years, even out of a fridge. It prevents the growth of E-coli, salmonella and listeria, so obviously may prevent much illness, and death. Will it ever be in pill form to combat such bacteria in the human intestine tract, do you think?
There's also gas flushing, which replaces oxygen with CO2 and nitrogen...Could this be used as an enema in the human bowel, or would it kill the patient and the bacteria?
Warm regards, kittycat..

Hi,

Souds interesting although I'm not sure about this - I'm no microbiologist. You'd probably need a lot to eliminate whole sets of bacteria and they'd be the risk of bugs acquiring resitance. It's probably being pushed as a preservtive for foods. As for 'Gas flushing' that's a new one on me!
FADworker

Return to Questions for Dr Dolphin