FMO3 Excessive Sweating TMAU1 Candida

Dr Dolphin was part of the team who first demonstrated that mutations in the FMO3 gene are the cause of the inherited (primary form) of TMAU.

Moderator: admin

FMO3 Excessive Sweating TMAU1 Candida

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Thank you Dr Dolphin for joining this site and offering to answer questions.

I have suffered from excessive sweating since I was about 18 years old (now 41). I have spend many years trying to stop it as well as trying to work out why it was happening. But as I managed to stop the sweating the smell got worse.
Finally last year I was diagnosed with TMAU1. I am very severly affected with my worst result being 83% unprocessed TMA! I used to sweat profusely when eating the forbitten foods particularly.
Do you think that the lack of FMO3 is responsible for my excessive sweating as well?
Now that I have lost a lot of weight and avoid the forbitten foods I sometimes have problems with not sweating.
I also now have real problems with controlling the temparture of my body often I am at the other extreme with purple cold hands even in warm weather (liver again).
Lastly, I have been diagnosed with Candida which explains the cold hands.
I also wondered if you know whether a disfuctional FMO3 is likely to cause Candida as well?
Or whether Candida is the last straw for a faulty FMO3 as I worked in an office with a leaking flat roof for over 4 years and the carpet was wet and full of fungus. This is when my problems really began to get so much worse and impossible to live a normal live with.
Thanks
SK
SmellyKelly2

Re: FMO3 Excessive Sweating TMAU1 Candida

Postby FADworker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:16 pm

SmellyKelly2 wrote:Thank you Dr Dolphin for joining this site and offering to answer questions.

I have suffered from excessive sweating since I was about 18 years old (now 41). I have spend many years trying to stop it as well as trying to work out why it was happening. But as I managed to stop the sweating the smell got worse.
Finally last year I was diagnosed with TMAU1. I am very severly affected with my worst result being 83% unprocessed TMA! I used to sweat profusely when eating the forbitten foods particularly.
Do you think that the lack of FMO3 is responsible for my excessive sweating as well?
Now that I have lost a lot of weight and avoid the forbitten foods I sometimes have problems with not sweating.
I also now have real problems with controlling the temparture of my body often I am at the other extreme with purple cold hands even in warm weather (liver again).
Lastly, I have been diagnosed with Candida which explains the cold hands.
I also wondered if you know whether a disfuctional FMO3 is likely to cause Candida as well?
Or whether Candida is the last straw for a faulty FMO3 as I worked in an office with a leaking flat roof for over 4 years and the carpet was wet and full of fungus. This is when my problems really began to get so much worse and impossible to live a normal live with.
Thanks
SK

Hi

Your questions are 'clinical' in nature and, as I'm a research scientist not a clinician, I'm reluctant to answer them. However, I can't see any reason why inheriting a faulty copy of the FMO3 gene should affect how you perspire nor would it be a reason to cause fungal infections of any kind.
FADworker

Return to Questions for Dr Dolphin