Fermented/cultured... vegetables

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Fermented/cultured... vegetables

Postby kittycat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm

I have been reading the net about these, after reading that they were packed with more probiotics than anything else. I made a batch of carrot and celery three days ago, and it's ready today and tastes gorgeous...if you like that sort of thing of course. You could have knocked me over with a feather! And if I can do it, anyone can..

If I'm still alive tomorrow I will tell you all about it. Kcx
kittycat

Re: Fermented/cultured... vegetables

Postby Lisa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Thats if you haven't exploded. :o

Fermented veg Kc, thats asking for trouble. Parp. :shock:

No, seriously, let me know how you did it, I like both carrot & celery. Thanks.
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:31 pm

KC, about these fermented veg?
Lisa

Postby kittycat » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Sorry Lisa, very lazy of me..
Not too bad for wind I found but, sorry if tmi, I did find that it gives you a good clear out. Which for most of us is a good thing. And the taste improved over time, getting more tangy. I also made some with chunked courgette, carrot and celery, but it wasn't so nice so I've left it to ferment slowly in the fridge. It did stay crunchy though.
There's many recipes on the net but I tried the one with whey from organic yoghurt. You tip a large pot of the yoghurt in muslin, in a sieve, for about 10 hours, and the liquid is the probiotic, and can be taken instead of manufactured tablets... The rest is cream cheese.
Shred some organic carrots and 4 sticks of celery and mix 4 tblspns of the whey, and 1 tblspn of organic salt in a big bowl. Then pack it into a kilner jar, pushing it down hard to get the air out and make the liquid cover the veg, but leaving a couple of inches for the fermenting. I weighed it down by pushing cabbage leaves into the jar and putting a weighted plate on it. Keep out of direct light, in a warmish room.... Taste after about 3 days, and if it's ready it can go in the fridge, sealed. Kittyx
kittycat

Postby Lisa » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Thankyou Kitty C.
:D
Lisa

Postby Avery » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:42 am

Reduce or restrict enhanced carbohydrate food and sugar intake,
avoid caffeinated drinks and other stimulating elements, restrict milk products and red meat....
[url=http://www.toplevelfit.com/naperville-boot-camp/]Naperville Boot camp[/url]
Avery

Return to Diet