Omega 3

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Omega 3

Postby deebakar » Wed May 02, 2012 6:50 am

What eating stuff is rich in omega 3, amino acids and fatty acids? I searched in google and I found following fishes to be rich in omega 3 Salmon, Mackerel, Pilchards, Sardines. but I don't think that any of these fishes are found in India. So what fishes which are found in India are rich in omega 3, amino acids and fatty acids? And also, what other vegetarian eating stuff is rich in omega 3, amino acids and fatty acids?

Re: Omega 3

Postby Weak » Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 am

All fish, to my knowledge most all fish are rich in omega 3, Now i also heard that fresh water fish is ALOT safer to eat than salt water fish for us, it actually could be the other way around but I doubt it. All fish are rich in omega 3 or to be more specific fish oil, which is found in the fish. Dark leafy greens to my knowledge contain a good amount of omega 3 as well as some other good vitimans but we cant eat those :(
Weak

Re: Omega 3

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:02 pm

'eating well for optimum health' by andrew weil says "flax and hemp seed oil are excellent sourses of omega 3" he favours hemp oil, keep it in fridge, never heat it, use it up quickly once open bottle, use in salad dressing or in cold dishes. you can buy it in holland and barratt and some supermarkets. he prefers to use the seeds rather than oil because the nutrients preseerved better. keep seeds in fridge, throw away if smell a bit mouldy, grind in pestle and mortar before adding to food to help you digest otherwize they go straight through you untouched :lol:

By the way, kittcat posted on this ages ago and I have had this book on my shelf since 2000, but the message only sunk into my brain a few days ago :roll: Never mind, I usually get the message in the end....
smelly

Return to Diet