Any Chef's on here?

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Any Chef's on here?

Postby mel304067 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:52 pm

HI all,
I wonder if there's a t.m.a.u. diagnosed chef on here? We could all do with some ideas on this torture of a diet? I wonder if we could get a small paper or booklet with just a few simple meal plans? I made pancakes with rice flour, rice milk and egg white for pancake day last night so it got me thinking- Just an idea! :?
mel304067

Re: Any Chef's on here?

Postby Weak » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:15 am

You sir are a life saver, Can you please post some more of your recipes, I am trying this diet thing but I have relapsed since id rather be ostracized and have a meat lovers pizza than be kind of accepted and eat apples and plain rice everyday.

Also how does everyone get there protien? I am in football player condition and would like to keep it that way and I dont want to lose any muscle mass from this diet.
Weak

Postby smelly » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:39 am

weak,

If you take supplements to bulk up your muscle, check the label in case you are taking large amounts of choline or lecithin that way.

For food ideas try typing in PROTEIN into SEARCH box at top of screen and reading the posts or reading back through posts under DIET. Also open WEB LINKS at top of screen to see website that lists all foods and their choline content. You would want to eat foods that have as high protein content as possible while having as low choline content as possible. A good post I made note of was from chuckles...............

"Although egg whites have little to no choline content, some people may react to them due to the high sulfur content.

After doing extensive research, I've found black walnuts and tahini to have the lowest amount of choline per gram of protein.

In 100 grams of black walnuts (not english walnuts), there are 24 grams of protein and only 32 grams of choline.

In 100 grams of tahini, there are 17 grams of protein and only 26 grams of choline.

Although the amount has not been quantified yet, hemp protein seems to have similarly low choline content if examined and compared to other seeds/nuts."
smelly

Postby Weak » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Speaking about Grams and stuff I want to know, How many grams of choline/sulfer should I be getting anyways. I am a big guy so it will probably be a bit more for me but what is a good ammount of choline to take in daily and still not smell?

Thanks for the tip about the black walnuts and tahini, i will check and see if they are sold locally.
Weak

Return to Diet