food cooked with oil

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

food cooked with oil

Postby Abyss » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 am

Hi

Does anybody on the forum know what, if any oil is better to use when trying to cook things for example, like stir fry?

Thanks

Abyss x
Abyss

Re: food cooked with oil

Postby Ellie Girl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:28 am

I believe olive oil is best. Say away from nut and seed and vegetable oils. Although my dietician thinks the process to make the oil takes the bad stuff out I'm not sure how it can. Olive oil is better for you anyway :-)
Ellie Girl

Postby davidrichard » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 am

Most cooking oils are going to be bad for a individuals wellness, yet most dining places use food preparation oil in most of their foods because it can almost add to a taste of a food and it actually allows to prepare.

Cooking Oil disposal
davidrichard

Postby lyndsey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am

Hi Abyss

Coconut oil is good and any good fats like goose chicken fat. Olive oil is really good for you but should not be heated (only use on dressings etc)as it goes rancid and the liver can not cope with it. Hope this helps.

Lyndsey xxx
lyndsey

Postby Weak » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 am

Olive oil definantly, although i know nothing about it going rancid upon being heated... it could be true but Ive never heard about it, id have to look it up.
Weak

Postby kittycat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:26 pm

I think you're not meant to cook with extra virgin olive oil, it's got a low smoke point, but the mild version is for cooking.. But Lyndsey's right about coconut oil it's ok for us to use, and very good for everything. It's anti bacterial and isn't actually a nut, more like a fruit.. I have been eating the coconut meat after meals, to stop me eating chocolate, and it makes my mouth feel fresh and doesn't affect my odour AFAIK. It's also good for oil pulling..kx
kittycat

Return to Diet