Some advice needed pls

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Some advice needed pls

Postby smelly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:28 pm

kittycat wrote:fibromyalgia

Its funny I thought the same thing kittycat. I remember this coming up on another forum some time ago. I think there was a theory it was linked to a nasty strain of bacteria that might be evading our immune systems and setting up home and causing havic. I think fibromyalgia is suppose to be immune system based? ie something our body detects as foreign and sets up inflammation/swelling. And there is the idea that our odour might be caused by simillar bacteria that are immune to our attempts to get rid of.I think it was linked to the whole biofilms idea that we might have a slimey film of bacteria and maybe fungus/yeast that protect each other from antibiotics and anti fungals - you might kill some of them but they soon grow back.
smelly

Postby Maisie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi Kitty, don't know if my colleague read the book or not but around April he said he'd not felt really well since Christmas! What goes round comes round.

Unfortunately it's not stopped the comments and some of them are so pointed. Other people in the room are grinning and looking at each other and I have to join in and pretend I don't know they're talking about me. It's so hurtful sometimes I could cry but I won't give him the satisfaction. It's strange though because at other times he'll go out of his way to be helpful, I just don't understand him at all. I was talking about it to my son and a friend (at separate times) and they both said I should "come out" and tell everyone what's wrong with me and then the comments should stop. I was going to do it and had it all planned about who I was going to tell and then there was a tragedy at the place where I work and so there was no way I could tell anyone. They had enough to cope with without me dropping my bombshell!

I really admire people like Ellie who tell everyone at work. Well done Ellie for appearing on the TV programme. I look forward to watching it.

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi smelly...I had to look up biofilms, they're the stuff nightmares are made of, and would explain why some people find tmau hard to manage with diet, antibiotics, and probiotics...Abyss certainly has more than a fair share of auto-immune disease..lets all hope that the NHS gives her the support she needs and deserves.... :ugeek: Thanks for all the interesting posts over the years :geek: kcxx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi maisie...He must be feeling all the bad karma we've been sending :D If I liked him, I'd suggest a box set of 'My Name Is Earl' this year! I used to find that some people at work joined in the bullying feeding frenzy, but were then increadibly nice and kind when the others weren't looking. It made me despise them more if anything...I'm really looking forward to seeing Ellie, the programme was good last night. I thought of you when they said that chickpeas are a good source of protein :D They go in my home-made soup now, on my no meat days...Thanks for doing the sums...Perhaps you could say that someone who has your illness will be on the programme? If you mention the lovely legs, the men might even watch a healthy food programme :D I came out to 11 people by sending the petition to them, and asking them to sign it 'for my illness'...and they all did :D At work I just told the office gossip...it soon got round! She's a gossip with a heart tho...
I was interested in the boy who had migraines...he was told to avoid all the food we should...and prescribed B2/magnesium and co-enzyme Q10...Does anyone take co-e Q10 in the forum?
kittycat

Postby Maisie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for your reply Kitty. I might start by asking if anyone saw the programme the other night and go from there. I felt sorry for the lady with polycystic ovary syndrome, we all have our crosses to bear!

How many days a week do you eat meat/chicken/fish etc? I think I'm eating too much as I can't seem to get the odour under control at all this week even though I've had several no meat days. Other weeks it's been better.

I'm going to a Zumba class at work at the end of the day tomorrow (first time I've ever done it) so I should be nice and hot and sweaty at the end of it!!! :shock:

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby kittycat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi Maisie.....Always a pleasure to talk with you :D ...Wasn't it heart-warming when the polycystic's partner said he thought she was the most beautiful 'thing' in the world ? So nice in this superficial world....
When I thought about it, I only eat meat once a week generally....a big mixed salad with brie and bacon...I do like to have a 150g tin of oily fish when I can chance it...the rest of the time I have minicol cholesterol lowering cheese with celery for protein. But I wonder if it's protein that causes me problems, cos I've been enjoying the chickpeas, but noticed I had raging armpit BO this morning. Only usually get that after a meat-fest..
It's very brave of you to go to the Zumba...It would be a great fun way to lose weight, and I'd love to go, but haven't got the courage... I'd have to live on potatoes and water if I did... Getting back to 'coming out'...I used to do it by talking in a general way as well..Like if someone said they'd had fish, I'd say 'I love fish, but it comes straight out of my pores' or 'I have to be careful what I eat, or it gives me BO' ...'I only wear cotton...acrylic gives me BO' What I was really saying was..I'M NOT STUPID, OR DEAF, I KNOW I SMELL, AND DO MY BEST NOT TO!!!! Happy Zumba-ing :D kcxx
kittycat

Postby Maisie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Kitty, oh my God the Zumba class was a mistake and it was nothing to do with my smell! It didn't take into account any levels of fitness and the instructor didn't even look at the health forms we'd all filled in to see if we were fit enough to do it. She just said that as we're all there, she presumed we were generally all fit! Well, it's the first time I've ever thought that I was too old to do something (I'm 57). The class was only for an hour and after 20 minutes I was clock-watching wishing for it to be over (and that was just the warm up!). It was such hard work and the sweat was pouring off me. I've paid for six lessons but I won't be going again. I can hardly move now, I'll be like a 90 year old tomorrow when I try and get out of bed!

From what you say I think I'm eating far too much meat but I'm worried about not getting enough protein. I've lost a stone over the last year and feel that my muscle strength is disappearing (I thought the Zumba class might help build some muscle but I think it might just kill me off altogether!) I bought a tin of chickpeas last week but haven't opened them yet. They'll probably sit in the cupboard with all the other things I used to be able to eat until they get to their sell by date and I chuck them out. At least they keep the cupboard looking full! :lol:

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby kittycat » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Poor Maisie...Did you have to lift your legs out of bed with your hands? Are you walking around like a Shaun of the Dead zombie? Sounds too aerobic to gain muscle...you'd have to do weight training and eat protein....I do remember you saying that you barely eat all day, I thought that didn't sound right...Couldn't you have toasted chiabatta (seems to have less additives than bread, and made with olive oil) drizzled with oil for breakfast, and then take a celery/carrot based salad with cottage cheese or potato for lunch? And as the instructor was too sloppy to read the personal detail sheets, discuss your fitness levels, and tailor the classes to suit you, can't you demand your money back...?...You could have really hurt youself...kcx
kittycat

Postby Maisie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi Kitty, I was amazed to find that the only bit of me that ached after the Zumba class was my neck so maybe I'm fitter than I think! I won't be going again though, I really didn't enjoy it.

I do take either pasta salad or rice salad to work for lunch and follow it with a piece of fruit but I've been having about an ounce and a half of chicken or cheese at the evening meal and that doesn't seem to agree with me. I make my own bread in a breadmaker (no effort!) and all that goes into it is flour, yeast, a teaspoon and a half of sugar, a teaspoon and a quarter of salt, one and a half ounces of olive oil and water. I sometimes put some rice milk in instead of part of the water. Before I knew I had TMAU I used to use cow's milk instead of water and put an egg in to make it richer!!! Whoops! I had a look at a ciabatta recipe where you can make the dough in the breadmaker and then bake in the oven but the ingredients weren't much different than my bread. I tried something different tonight for my evening meal so if the smell isn't too bad tomorrow, I'll post it under the diet section. My fingers aren't smelling yet so that's a good sign! :D
Maisie

Postby kittycat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi Maisie....So glad you're ok, you must have natural fitness :D ..It must have been someone else who didn't eat all day at work...so much to remember on this forum....
Your remark about your fingers really made me jump...I ate a large helping of roast lamb last Sunday (had a 'sod 'em' moment!) and for the next 3 days my fingers smelled strongly like I'd been slicing onions, however much I washed them...I've read other posters say that they smell of different things, but this was a new one to me.....Hope you have a fragrant day on Friday...kcx
kittycat

PreviousNext

Return to Diet