Some advice needed pls

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Some advice needed pls

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi Abyss.........You can't avoid choline, protein or omega 3...they're vital for physical and mental health...you've got enough illness's for now!..Yes, the low choline diet works for me thank goodness, but I had the classic fish odour...no one ever mentioned fecal, smoke etc........ it's a long term commitment, but it's worth it to lead a normal life... When you're under control with your 2 afflictions, couldn't you train to be a diabetic dietician? Make good use of all this studying!! kcx
kittycat

Postby Abyss » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi kc,

You have a point but i feel like my body has gathered an excess of protein, did you ever have swollen limbs before tha diet?

Thats a great idea about the dietician thing but i have grown to really hate food lol and i have a chronic anti-people problem, very shy lol but thanks for the idea.
Abyss

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:14 pm

I know just what you mean about the overload of protein, I only eat meat a few times a week, otherwise I feel the same....I've never had swollen limbs and not read any posts about it on the odour forums. If it's not painful, maybe it's temporary water retention due to the diabetes/insulin problems. Hope you get into a good clinic soon...Not surprising that you have become a people hater, with your experiences so far :evil: but don't start to think that food is the enemy...It's only some that are..kcx
kittycat

Postby Abyss » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 pm

I had chicken today lol. Damn it. The limbs aren't due to water retention and are very painful. I am slightly confused myself as i have been scrolling all forums and found i am the only one as yet. I have come to a new thinking that all that is wrong with me must tie up into 'symptons' of another overall matabolic disorder so am focusing researching on that avenue.

Thanks for the support kc and you are right of course food isn't the enemy but i just don't like it much anymore, i guess alot of people are like that.

Hope you are well, i just finished a book on ancient greece lol so my mind was still on that, sorry if this reply was a little mundane lol and i will just have to keep trying in regards to a clinic. P.s do you know any type of low fat yoghurt which would be tolerable? Or did you just say no to yoghurt? Thanks.

Abyss x
Abyss

Postby kittycat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:54 am

Hi Abyss............Sorry, I gave up milk and yoghurt, but just have small amounts of cheese.....but I imagine the plain ones with no added fruit and sugar would be best for you.........I'd go down the auto-immune route with your research, and while I'm being mundane too, you need to make the effort to get out in the sunlight and fresh air for a bit of exercise....kcx
kittycat

Postby Adrian » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:47 am

Yoghurt is basically milk that has been cooked to 180 degrees C. Then left to cool. I think you can then add it to a yoghurt maker if you wish to make your own. However even yoghurt that contains no added sugar still has sugar present. I don't know what type of sugar this is though. I too personally now try to stay away from all dairy which is hard as cheese makes everything taste better. A probiotic might be a better options but again there are brands to stay away from. I think holland and barratts probotics are ok for TMAU sufferers.

Congrats on finishing your book Abyss. Send me the link if you decide to upload it to any of those sites we talked about.
Adrian

Postby kittycat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:18 pm

I was impressed you'd finished reading a book on ancient Greece, didn't realize you'd written it!
Well done Abyss :geek:
kittycat

Postby Abyss » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks for tip about yoghurt to you both, haven't eaten it at all, dairy products are mostly out, but i was told i was allowed cottage cheese and was only wondering about yoghurt due to another posting i'd read elsewhere. I was reading the book! My brother bought it for me. My book(s) the ones i am writing aren't yet finished, i am looking probably january on that aspect, maybe february Adrian, i will let you know.

Abyss.
Abyss

Postby Maisie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Kitty, I couldn't find any hemp oil in my local supermarket, they had about 300 different kinds of olive oil but no hemp! I think I might need to go to a bigger supermarket to find it. Abyss said Holland & Barrett sell it in capsule form so might try that if I can't find it in the supermarket.

It is indeed nearly Christmas, I wonder what Secret Santa will bring this year!
Maisie

Postby kittycat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:05 am

Hi Maisie.....It's nice if you do find it...we need all the taste we can get :) The capsules are good for when you're away from home....Hope your nasty colleague read the book.....or better still got the sack :twisted: kcxxx

Abyss.......I read an article about someone with fibromyalgia....It's one of those illnesses that docs don't believe in, or have never heard of.........sound familiar?? It causes fatigue and swollen painful limbs....Hope you haven't added this to your list of horrible illnesses :cry: kcxxx
kittycat

PreviousNext

Return to Diet