Some advice needed pls

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Some advice needed pls

Postby Abyss » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Does anybody on the forum have tmau and type one diabetes? If so what kind of diet are you on?
Its very hard to know what i can do about the diet. Any adviice given will be greatly appreciated, ty

Abyss x
Abyss

Re: Some advice needed pls

Postby smelly » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:14 pm

I dont know anyone who is diabetic, but I think you need professional advice. I presume you get to see adietitian for your diabetis? in which case Iwould take them your diet sheets from the TMAU clinic and let them goaway and work out some meal plans for you. thats their job. ;) :)
smelly

Postby Abyss » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:05 am

had appointment and now have sheets, trying to work it out. thanks x
Abyss

Postby kittycat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Abyss
Your post made me look up High Fructose Corn Syrup, which I've read about recently with rising concern.....It's thought to cause complications in diabetes1, metabolic syndrome...(high blood pressure/obesity/cholesterol/insulin resistance/diabetes2) and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.... elevated blood levels of uric acid (gout/kidney stones) It's a cheap sweetener and hidden in soft drinks, cakes, biscuits, jam, jelly, crackers, pasta sauces, salad dressing. In fact a lot of processed foods. It's counteracted by the beneficial nutients we might avoid, like vit c and fish oil. Even dietry fructose like table sugar, fruit juice and honey, should be regarded with caution...
I wondered if the diabetic dietician mentioned it to you Abyss? kcx
kittycat

Postby Abyss » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:56 am

Dear kc and smelly,

Smelly without getting into alot of saga i am waiting for another clinic to take me regarding diabetes as they didn't want to see me because of tmau. They would say i was lying about what i'd eaten aswell when half the time i would starve myself. But then again during this time i did not know i had tmau, just a problem. Am speaking to gp about it though trying to get insulin changed so fingers crossed but you are right, i met a dietician at london and she generously took some time to amend my diet sheets which she sent over email, so i am thankful to her for that.

Kc, after the visit to the london appointment and finding your post i was alittle bit saddened, not by your post but because i asked about if tmau could effect my diabetes, i was told no, after seeing your posting i dug around the net a little bit and it turns out that counteracting you were right. Brought up my diaries from a few years back and looked at what i ate. When i was eating fish, eating fruit, oranges etc my sugar levels were alot better on the eye. However i was alot smellier. So i owe you a big thanks for making me aware of this, thank you.
I am not obese but swollen (like when somebody has an allergic reaction) but i am suffering with the insulin and have fatty tissue in my liver which was non- alcoholic related. I dont eat cakes, chocolate,jelly, crackers or salad dressings, pasta sauces maybe one in two weeks if i do. I do eat jam though and marmalade sometimes. I will have to look into that :cry:

Oh well its better to know right? lol. Anyway am going to try the diet sheet the dietician sent me once i have gotten over this cold or whatever it is, see how it goes. Am seriously considering becoming vegetarian after being told chicken was a no no.

Complicated but then again what isnt right lol, thank you both for posting to me, appreciated it.

Abyss x
Abyss

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi Abyss....I hope you've found a good diabetes clinic, with a talented dietician....Some medics seem to be v stubborn...they decide something about you, and you're labelled for life! You'd think they'd understand sugar levels causing mood swings at the GP's as well....If you do go veggie, try a small daily amount of raw hemp oil for omega3 and protein.kcx
kittycat

Postby Abyss » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi kc, thanks for the advice regarding the raw hemp oil, omega 3 and protien but i think i am meant to be avoiding those things. I will talk it over with the gp when i can get out of the house. Medics, well the less said the better. Although i cant bad mouth them all as they're the ones with the medical know-how, supposedly :lol: Mood swings, yes you think they would, my gp though is pretty clued up on my moods, poor man.

Can i ask, do you follow the low choline diet and how do you find it?
Abyss

Postby Maisie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi Kittycat

How much raw hemp oil do you take and where do you get it from? Is it in capsule form?

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby Adrian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 pm

I followed the low choline diet for months last year. i found that I concentrated on a few foods on the list that I actually liked. It is also really important that you sit down a right a meal plan and keep records of everything you eat and its related choline content. There are lists of the choline content of foods on line if you just google it. This is especially usefull when you can smell yourself. It makes it so much easier to be able to relate foods with body odour. I am currently trying the candida diet, it is very difficult not just to stick to it but to make sure that you dont eat the worng thing by mistake. Again the result has been that I seem to eat alot of salad because I dont mind it and trust it is ok. I haven't noticed much change yet however. To be honest I dont think diet is really going to help me but I like the fact that im trying atleast to change things so I keep plugging on.
Adrian

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi Maisie......Nearly Christmas already ;) I take Good Oil from supermarkets about 2 teaspoons a day...It's got a nice nutty taste so good on bread/jacket pots/salad with olive oil....I used to take flax seed oil but that's higher in choline I believe....Oily fish is the best but I only eat that when I'm not expecting company.....kcx
kittycat

Next

Return to Diet