bread or potatoes?????

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: bread or potatoes?????

Postby smelly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:56 am

Im going to mix mashed potatoes and 'safe' veg with salt and pepper, squish into a burger / patty shape and cook in a pan with a little olive oil till brown on both sides - bit like a bubble and squeak kind of thing without the dodgy cabbage and sprouts. If Im feeling brave I'll have a tiny amount of reduced sugar tomato sauce on the side :twisted:
smelly

Postby stinky17 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:07 am

mmm sounds nice :D
stinky17

Postby flower » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:37 am

Is there someone appearing in the programme (about diet and food....) It will be so helpfull for all of us to know if some foods can really help some of us ?

Flower
flower

Postby stinky17 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:53 pm

yep u was right i stink 2day lol so i blame it on 2 much pasta either that or i had a few bread sticks? i was ok with the pasta the other day mayb i should stick 2 it once a week, i wish i new!

im on anti-biotics aswell so thought it was getting better gutted back 2 boring foods :(

flower someone else is appearing on the show she had me as a back up but the other person is ok 2 do it so am pleased about that at least someone is representing us :D
stinky17

Postby smelly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Oh hell thats a shame you didnt get away with it. But great that you can smell it so you can keep a good record of what is a problem. I bet there is something in the breadsticks because I can remember checking the ingredients on a few different brands and decided not to bother cos they were all dodgy. I wonder if its the tomatoes as well. If you could bare to eat it (I know its REALLY bland) but you could try just the veg and wheat pasta, without the tomatoes and see if it makes a difference.

And the antibiotics, yeah Ive had bad odour reactions, where even I could smell it a bit, when Ive just finished a course, which is supposed to be the time you're least likely to smell, becasue you've got over the bacteria 'die-off' period, and they havent had a chance to multiply back in great numbers yet. Gutting.
smelly

Postby smelly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:57 pm

Also, I find that I get days when I eat a lot of the same thing without realizing it and gives me more odour, like having a few slices toast, then loads of pasta.I seem to get a craving and take it too far! If I had just had a small amount of wheat maybe it wouldnt have been a problem. So Im going to try and plan my meals so i can see Im not eating too much of one thing each day, because if i just eat when Im hungry I seem to binge on sugar or wheat or dairy, one meal after another.

Also something I need to try is eating smaller meals. I can remember reading a book about intestinal bacterial overgrowth (which is kind of what some of us seem to have) and it said that your body can only absorb so much of the food that goes through your intestines, the rest is a waste and just carries on down the tube until you go to the toilet. But that ‘wasted’ food is eaten by the bacteria in your gut. And our bacteria are the ones that like to make a smell. The more food they have the more of them grow in there, so more smell.

It said that to keep bacteria numbers down it is best to have food moving along the gut at a good quick pace. You want to be having a poo every day, you don’t want to be constipated at all. This means that more bacteria are carried along the guts and get excreted out at the end before they have a chance to multiply, and also the bacteria have less chance to get at the food before it get excreted out. You do this by eating lots of veg and other fibre and cutting down on bread and things that bung you up. You also do it by keeping the peristaltic flow going (thats the muscles in your guts squeezing the food along the long tube from your mouth to your bum!) Apparently you only get good peristaltic flow by having lots of gaps in the day when you don’t eat. So if you are like me and constantly shoving food in your mouth thats not so good.
smelly

Previous

Return to Diet