Alcohol Trigger

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Alcohol Trigger

Postby astar2 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:16 am

Hi everyone,

I haven't been diagnosed with TMAU however I seem to have a massive problem relating to smelling when drinking alcohol which I think has then lead me to be paranoid about my general smell. When I was 18 - 21 I drunk alot of alcohol, on the nights I was out in the pub and had drunk large amounts of alcohol people would say the could smell a fecal smell or farts and this would carry on around me the next day as well.I haven't drunk for a few years since I realised it may be my liver not processing or coping with the alcohol toxins and as a result no one seems to mention any smells, possibly when I eat red meats (Which i rarely eat because i don't like!) but this could just be paranoia as no one actually mentions a smell after eating it. Do you think its possible that it could just alcohol (&poss red meat) that are my triggers and (luckily) i am fine with everything else? And if so why alcohol when it has a low choline level? Any words of wisdom would be good as I can't find anything on the internet about it.

Thank you :)
astar2

Re: Alcohol Trigger

Postby kittycat » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi astar2 :D Perhaps you should ask your GP for a Tmau test anyway...We were all perfectly happy one minute, and then found we were 'livin the nightmare' the next :? With many of us the odours appeared after taking antibiotics and/or hormones. Perhaps alchohol is your only trigger at the moment, but that could alter and then your life will change for the worse, maybe permanently....If you are tested, perhaps after an alchohol load :P and are found to have a tendency for Tmau, you could watch your diet and alcohol intake, take proper probiotics, and stay away from antibiotics and synthetic hormones where possible....Make sure that you take it seriously....this is a terrible affliction :cry: Good luck, kittyx
kittycat

Re: Alcohol Trigger

Postby astar2 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 pm

I think you are right at least then if it comes back negative I can look at a different possible cause! and if it comes back positive I can start the right diet. It's hard as no one says they can smell me family, boyfriend etc but as you all say on here it is detected by different people and not by some at all.

Thank you for your reply x
astar2

Return to Diet