weebly food blog - friendly food

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

weebly food blog - friendly food

Postby Ellie Girl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi All,

I've been experimenting with recipes and taking pictures of the more successful ones (I showed a colleague one and she said 'Fish cakes and Thai curry? Can you eat that?' when actually it was just wheat cakes and a simple stir fry). Half my thing with the bland diet is making the food look nice, and making it as tasty as I can with what I can tolerate.

Anyway - my colleague thought the pics looked yummy and she has offered to help me upload a simple food blog (me and technology - not a good mix!)

Give me some time as I'm v busy at work, but when I get a minute I'll upload diet tips, recipes, pics of recipes, and other tips that have really helped me. I know when I started on this flippin journey I would have welcomed something like that to give me hope, so hopefully it will help you find some joy in food again and maybe reduce some of the problems we all face with choosing our diets.

Maybe I can set it up to take other people's input - I don't know how these things work yet!

Anyway, as I say , this may be a while (I should get some time next month maybe) but watch this space...

Ellie xx
Ellie Girl

Re: weebly food blog - friendly food

Postby shania12345 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Elliegirl,

That would be very helpful. Thank you.

Shania
shania12345

Postby Maisie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Ellie, that would be fantastic! All ideas gratefully received :D

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:03 pm

ooo yeah, Id like to see that. Im really scared of food these days , associating it with odour. My all time low has been realising that my one safe food - a bone dry rice cake :| - may also be off the list. I need some safe recipes! :o
smelly

Postby kittycat » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:51 am

That would be great E(Lovely Legs)ie, :ugeek: and many thanks too, to you and mallory for herding us. :ugeek: kittycatxx
kittycat

Postby Ellie Girl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks guys :) I will get on it as soon as I have a min - I have been taking pictures of some of my kitchen experiments - tee hee - some of them look like complete flipping disasters but some have turned out ok. I am particularly loving my honey cake scones at the moment - the things you can do with flour and water :lol:

I know what you mean re scared of food - it's a nightmare. But we can do it! We can make it tasty again! Watch this space :) Work is unbelievable right now but I think I wil have some time in July.

You guys are great!

Ellie x

PS I met the extremely gorgeous Mallory last week and not only is she a really lovely, friendly lady, she is stunning to look at and I thought she smelled absolutely gorgeous. Like bananas. That sounds odd but I've never met a fellow TMAUer before and I was a bit daunted. We swapped a couple of food ideas so when the blog is up and running I will encourage her to contribute.

It is so bloody marvellous to have found you people - I can't tell you xxx
Ellie Girl

Postby shania12345 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:29 pm

According to Arun( I believe he is in the UK and has meetups with fellow TMAU'ers every year),most of them can't smell each other. For those in the UK,you should look into joining one of his meetups.

Shania
shania12345

Postby stinky17 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:15 pm

hi i would love some recipies cause im stuck with what 2 have latley and also im trying 2 loose weight :D
stinky17

Postby Ellie Girl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 am

shania12345 wrote:According to Arun( I believe he is in the UK and has meetups with fellow TMAU'ers every year),most of them can't smell each other. For those in the UK,you should look into joining one of his meetups.

Shania

Hi Shania,

I don't buy this as I can smell myself sometimes and I can smell ordinary BO and bad breath smells. It doesn't make any sense that we wouldn't be able to smell each other as we all have different mutations of the condition and different smells. I will reserve judgement on this until I have been to a meet.

Ellie. x
Ellie Girl

Postby smelly » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:12 pm

I have come across a few people who have strange bodyodour or breath, really strong and smelling of poo or urine etc like people complain of from me. They were strangers or people I only came into contact with a few times, but it was so weird being on the other end of it, knowing thats what Im like! So, I can smell it on others, but not on me. Oh, and this wasnt at a meet up, in case anyones feeling paranoid, just in everyday life, not necessarily TMAU sufferers. In fact if they did have it, that would say to me this condition is a hell of lot more common than the 'rare' tag suggests.

Sorry for ruining the food blog thread -just wanted to reply to the 'smell others' idea
smelly

Next

Return to Diet