Rice and crisps

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Rice and crisps

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi Ellie
Have you tried brown rice instead of white rice?
I know it is higher in choline. I still have a candida issue, which I am sure is causing my TMAU to be so much worse (worked in an office with fungus for 5 years this is when all my problems got so bad). Brown rice is ok for candida, but white rice is not ok for candida.
So may be you could try brown and see if you still get that yeasty smell or not.
Just a thought it might help you.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:48 pm

By the way I given brown rice on my list for anti candida as I have medium/high candida.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby Ellie Girl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:57 pm

SmellyKelly2 wrote:Hi Ellie
Have you tried brown rice instead of white rice?
I know it is higher in choline. I still have a candida issue, which I am sure is causing my TMAU to be so much worse (worked in an office with fungus for 5 years this is when all my problems got so bad). Brown rice is ok for candida, but white rice is not ok for candida.
So may be you could try brown and see if you still get that yeasty smell or not.
Just a thought it might help you.
SK

Thanks SK,

Yes, I ahve tried brown rice and wild rice, and like all whole grains and wholegrain pasta it makes it much worse. I find it so weird that I can eat white flour (if it's just wheat) with no effects and white pasta ok mostly but not the healthy alternatives!

But thanks for the info.

E x
Ellie Girl

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:04 pm

I know its so difficult isn't it.
I often eat flour torillas and I am sure they are ok for me. I used to have them with bean chilli!
But now usually with veggies in olive oil.
They are quite high in calories with no yeast.
So good for not getting the yeast smell and good for keeping up the calories when you struggle to do that!
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby Ms Bananas » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks Ellie for bringing up this rice issue, you're onto something. I've been on a strict diet for a long time, but a somewhat yeasty odor has still been a problem. I don't have candida overgrowth though as far as lab tests can be trusted. Anyways, I haven't had any of my usual brown rice or wholemeal rice cakes for a couple of days now and I'm seeing a difference. I wouldn't have thought of this myself so you've been helpful :D
Ms Bananas

Postby Ellie Girl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:54 pm

My pleasure!

I tested myself after a while off rice and had a bowl of rice Monday night. Sure enough, Tuesday at work, all day the yeasty odour, increasing in intensity. I hadn't had bread or spuds either so it wasn't them. So last night, Just a spud and some safe veg for tea and today I've had crisps - no yeasty smell. It is definitely the rice.

Ellie x
Ellie Girl

Postby stinky17 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:03 pm

hi every 1 just reading your posts and all i eat is rice cause i thought it was a safe food but seems i could be wrong...so what do you all eat?
stinky17

Postby shania12345 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:50 pm

I don't understand why people are saying rice is bad. White rice is low in choline. Look at the USDA choline list and you will see. Brown rice might not be so good for you.

Shania
shania12345

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Shania,

I dont think anyone is saying that all TMAU people will have an odour with rice. I think some people who can smell their body odour are saying that when they follow the TMAU diet and protocol, they still have an odour, and when they start cutting out more foods they find the odour gets better :)
smelly

Postby stinky17 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:11 pm

hi every 1 i have stopped eating wholemeal rice cakes and my odor is better so im going 2 start eating good 4 u white 1s and see if i smell again cause im sure i was ok with them.

does any 1 else smell with the white 1s???

i had crisps tho and seem 2 be ok with them :D
stinky17

PreviousNext

Return to Diet