Alcohol and low alcohol

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Alcohol and low alcohol

Postby Ellie Girl » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:18 am

Hi all,

I've finally reconciled myself to giving up any alcohol - it has been the last to go but def makes me smell. Beer and cider and spirits make me cabbagey, and red and White wine make me eggy. I know wine is high in sulfites as part of the brewing process, and sulfites = smell fir me but I have no idea what it is with the beer and spirits unless it is because they are made from grains, which affect me.

What are others' experiences? Have you found any alcohol you can get away with?

Has anyone tried organic wines and beers or low alcohol versions?

Thanks!

Ellie Xx
Ellie Girl

Re: Alcohol and low alcohol

Postby smelly » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Elliegirl,

you sound further down the self education road than me but I think i know what you are saying about sulphites etc. The liver seems to be heavily involved in a lot of odour conditions so for that reason alone I am trying to give up altogether.
smelly

Postby lyndsey » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:34 am

Hi Ellie Girl

I have been of alcohol since May to try and give the liver a rest. But had some on hols and it def makes me stink along with sugar, my body def isnt ready in handling it yet. If you have a yeast overgrowth wine and beer are a def no no as full of yeast. I used to drink vodka which turned me from someone quite quiet to a nut case when I had food intolerance tests done she told me vodka a def no no for me but my body ok with bacardi. The mixer is big prob too if you have problems with sugar I would use soda water lime or tonic water instead if you want to have a drink. Hope this helps but for now I going to stay of the alcohol because can not cope with the major hangovers as well as the smell.

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Postby stinky17 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

hi, how u getting along with the alchol????
im the same i stink so bad when ive drank vodka or beers that i can see people hold there nose when i walk by! :oops:
but white wine dosent seem 2 b as bad except if im having a bad time with food but if ive got it under control its ok but when ive had 2 much i prob do but i dont care by then cause im blathered anyway lol
stinky17

Postby Ellie Girl » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi there!

I've given up the alcohol and it definitely makes a difference! I've done some trial and error and beer and cider and vodka and red wine are the worst for me - like you white wine seems a little better (I wonder why?)

People will actually move away from me in bars if I drink beer or red wine - it's astounding. I also stink the next day.

So I tried non-alcoholic beer just so I could have the taste and it didn't seem too bad but then I thought I only drank because I liked getting drunk so what was the point? Yeah, I get your blathered comment - sometimes you just gotta think 'what the hell'! lol

I think it mioght be a yeast thing - as some of you have suggested - I took a candida test and seem to have that too so I am cutting out yeasts and sugars and it seems to make a difference - certainly my staff tell me I can smell eggy or yeasty (the only smells they notice) and both smells are definitely less at the moment.
Ellie Girl

Return to Diet