sugar

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

sugar

Postby smelly » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Has anyone tried cutting out sugar from their diet?

I notice an increase in an odour, I CAN smell , when I eat it again (during week I eat bland then weekend chocofest!) I thought it was an unrelated thing separate to the metabolic smell, that I DONT seem to smell but other complain about. But theres a theoory about that the two may be related?? It might be worth a try for those looking for answers, and unlike eating low choline, it shouldnt have any negative impact on health, in fact ithink I saved what teeth I have now, due to cuttiing back, because I had a very sweat tooth most of my life and my fillings showed it! For me to notice any benefit though, I had to cut out ALL sugar, and if you think avoiding choline is tough, jeeze, sugar is in everything, under different names etc. Im going to try and catch up with the info that the kind folk here have pointed out is on the other forums and I'll post back if I understand any of it :lol: I would prefer a life without sugar than choline any day, its MUCH healthier.
smelly

Re: sugar

Postby Bastet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Smelly, I think you are right about suggar intake may increase some body odor. I use to eat everything with lots of sugar. After I cut off my sugar intake I noticed a difference in the smell, but not significant. But sugar does play an important role in cells and molecules, I mean "glucose" is needed in the osmosis process, but I don't know if there is any relation to our condition TMAU, we can't doubt the existance of a relation since everything in the body is intra connected. Besides that a type of diabetes gives a fruity smell to the diabetic person. Our condition is usually related to a DNA error, the production of a cell FMO3 and the inability of it to direct the enzyme that breaks trimethylamine. Without a gene theraphy to fix the error, we are left with controlling the bacteria that causes trimethylamine in the gut, and flusing the toxings out the body to reduce the odor.
Bastet

Postby Ellie Girl » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:12 am

Hi there,

I'm trying to lower my sugar intake as well as I think I read it feeds the bacteria if you have too much, but it might not be the sugar per se that is making you worse after the chocolate feasts, it could well be the chic, which is high in soya lecithin (v bad for us) and also consider that choc is a nut/bean so will be bad for us anyway. I notice an increase in odour if I eat choc, esp if I give in and have a lot.

Ellie xx
Ellie Girl

Postby smelly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:08 am

Hi Bastet and Ellie Girl,

i dont think sugar has anything to do with the gentic condition TMAU particularly. i think I have TMAU in the sense that I have an overgrowth of bugs rather than the genetic condition. The sugar might feed the bacteria or it might feed the candida that everyone has in their guts, making them 'overgrow' or it might be that I have some kind of sugar intolerance, or cant handle sugar like other people can. It isnt just chocolate, though I notice a bigger effect with white chocolate that has much higher amount sugar than dark 70 % cocoa chocolate, I also produce odour with fruit like apples and oranges, sometimes needing to run to toilet after eating, and getting hot flushes and upset stomach after drinking sugary drinks etc.
smelly

Postby Jordan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:12 am

Hey folks, havent been on here for a while.

I have actually come back online to post virtually the exact same topic. I have been keeping a record of what I eat and if I get any reactions the following day (I usually eat very little during the day then pig out in the evening).

Fortunately for me I am not a sweet tooth and naturally much prefer savoury snacks so this one is quite easy for me to monitor.

5 days ago I had some pretty strong reactions then was fine until today when I got some pretty strong reactions again. I checked my log and guess what . . . On the evenings before both days I had eaten a large quantity of haribo jellies! :lol:

Looks like im off the sweets from now on :(

I think that there could be some kind of connection.
Jordan

Postby smelly » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:01 am

Jordon,

I looked up ingredients.....

Glucose syrup, sugar, modified maize starch, water, citric acid, flavourings, fruit and plant concentrates (aronia, blackcurrant, carrot, elderberry, grape, hibiscus, lemon, mango, orange, passion fruit), colour (copper complexes of chlorophyll), glazing agents (vegetable oil, beeswax and carnauba wax), invert sugar syrup, fruit extract (carob)

Im coming out in hives looking at it - sugar and fruit and not much else - I would be glued to the toilet with all that never mind the odour (which would be BAAADDDD!) I dont know if its even anything to do with TMAU, because i can't really smell the odours folks complain about relating to that, but if I eat fruit or sugar I CAN smell it.

Never mind, just think you will still have your teeth when everyone else is paying ££££ to have crowns etc :mrgreen:

PS just noticed the ingredient "copper complexes of chlorophyll". Shouldnt that have magically absorbed all the odour? :lol:
smelly

Postby smelly » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:04 am

And just to ring the life out of this jelly bean thaannng, dont try the alternative haribo confection in bold type....

Haribo has a small number of jelly sweets which are suitable for vegetarians:
Freaky Fish, Giant Strawbs, Giant Sour Strawbs, Giant Apples, Giant Oranges, Starfish, Rotella Fruit Wheels, Giant Blackcurrants and Jelly Beans.
smelly

Return to Diet