How Much Protein Do You Eat

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

How Much Protein Do You Eat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:10 am

I wondered how much protein everyone eats?
I have been eating very little to get by odour down.
But as a rule I am not sure how much I need to eat to stay healthly in the long term.
I think the recommended amount is 70g for women per day, but I know that we need to eat alot less than that.
I thought I would check this with the dietitians.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Re: How Much Protein Do You Eat

Postby kittycat » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Good point kelly. I wiki'd protein, but you'd need an ology to understand.... New respect to dieticians. I think you should def have oily fish on a Friday (if you're having a quiet w/end with nice boyfriend and dog) Cheddar's on Lisa's ok list, has anyone been brave enough to try it? Kx
kittycat

Postby Lisa » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Eaten cheese and I stink. :(
Lisa

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I have not eaten fish for about 3 months, but may do in the future (a bit scared to as my odour used to be very bad).
Yes, I stink after too much cheddar cheese too, I think cream cheese is ok in moderation for me.
I will email the dietitians and let you know the result.
I was going to ask them about calcium intake too, as neither most diary or green leaves are any good for us.
I know almonds are high in calcium, but I am not sure where else to get it from.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Just to let you know one of the dietitians emailed me today to say that for 46kg (they guested my weight as I was not weighted at the time! only 7 stone 7lb not 8 stone) it is safe to consume only 38g of protein per day.
Thought that you could all use this to pro-rata for your own weight for safe levels.
Surprising when you look at foods there is more protein than you think in many foods that are primary carbhydrate. eg I think that 2 slices of white bread is about 9g.
Hope this helps
SK
SmellyKelly2

Return to Diet