Quorn

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Quorn

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Does anyone know it Quorn (veg mince and other products) is ok for TMAU suffers?
As I am not keen on chicken.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Re: Quorn

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi, not sure, but I think it has stabilisers in, to bind it together, so not good for us. Have you tried turkey bacon for a change?
Lisa

Postby smelly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:17 pm

I agree with Lisa that there is probably something chemical in there that isnt great, but when I crave a spag bol I use a tiny amount of it with loads of veg tomatoes etc and its a good minced meat substitute. Prob better than meat or soya meat substitue?

I think the thing on the label that worried me was actually the egg whites. I know that egg yolks are worst, but I have a feeling egg whites arent good for me - I read they are high in sulphur which could be linked to the eggy smell someof us get????
smelly

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks Lisa and Smelly
The manufacturers did not know about the content of Choline never mind.
But I was thinking along the similar lines to you Smelly using a bit with loads of veggies.
Does anyone know whether it is better to have normal pasta, gluten free pasta (maize & rice flour) or glutne free pasta (brown rice flour)?
I find that the brown rice one seems to agree with me, but wondered what everyone else had?
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks for tip off about gluten free pasta, (I think it was you that mentioned it earlier?) It tastes a bit weird, but I think its probably better than eating the wheat one most days, which I was.

The only thing is, I happen to have had a really bad couple of days odour wize and i am thinking of everything different Ive had and one thing is some gluten free pasta which is made mostly of rice and spinach and beetroot, and i wondered if it could be the spinach and beetroot? I think spinach i ssupposed to block the use of the enzymes we are low on (ie odour) and I remember someone posting that beetroot wasnt good, maybe for same reason? in which case I might try another brand that is just rice. Jeeze we've got to read labels like a hawk....
smelly

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Yes Smelly you are right about avoiding the beetroof and spinach one, I always have the plain versions now.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun May 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Quorn have brought out new fishless fish cakes with added Omega 3 (non fish type Omega 3).
So going to try as so bored with the diet!
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Mon May 30, 2011 5:42 pm

I avoided them because they have lecithin in them, but I dont know how much there is in it and how much would affect us. Let us know if you find they are safe because like you Im getting reeeaaally fed up eating pencil shavings and air :(
smelly

Return to Diet