Oils

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Oils

Postby kittycat » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:01 pm

If you do take it, I must warn you that it can make you feel quite sick at first, and have vivid dreams. Then it can make you feel dreadful for a short time. I woke up in the night with internal pain and was hyperventilating and convinced I was dying, but went straight back to sleep. This is when it starts to work so you should carry on taking it. If all that doesn't happen it might mean it won't benefit you, but your doc may prescribe another drug in the same range. After that you can take a low dose every other day. It stops the nervous sweating as well as stink bombs and gradually you get your confidence back. Love, Kx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Thanks Kittycat
It is the nerous sweating that causes me a lot of the problems, as do not sweat when relaxed at home.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:30 pm

wow kittycat that sounds excatly what some of us need help with , the sudden heat, sweating and explotion of odour that seems to come from no where, but seems to be linked to emotion. That is so kind and helpful of you to share your experiences and help us nervous ones out! :shock:

I've probably been over-thinking it. I kept reading that studies showed the results werent necessarily better than placebo, but as you say, if you are actually low on seratonin, rather than just feeling a bit down, which a lot of people who are taking it probably are, it will solve a real problem. I'm remembering now that people with IBS (gut problems) are low in seratonin (where it needed for proper gut function) so it makes sense that there might be even more to gain that just the psychological. Hmmm good job kittycat! :ugeek:
smelly

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi smelly
I can't claim credit for that line of thought, it's all you (You're always thinking, no wonder you can't sleep :lol: )I didn't know IBS suffers needed/lacked seratonin. The placebo results might be influenced by the fact it doesn't work for everyone anyway. A friend tried it before me and it made no difference at all. She tried HRT in the end and went very frisky, but that's another forum ;) It's funny tho that my colleagues stopped the tedious fish jokes when I started taking it so maybe ,if you're right, it improved my gut flora as well as stopping the panicky sweating. It was a couple of years before I read about tmau so I wasn't on the diet...Nite nite Kx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Other alternative to Prozac could be St Johns Wort, but not sure if that would stop antibiotics from working.
The docs gave me beta blockers for aniexty, but they made me feel about 70 years old!
But will definately consider Prozac.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Other alternative to Prozac could be St Johns Wort, but not sure if that would stop antibiotics from working.
The docs gave me beta blockers for aniexty, but they made me feel about 70 years old!
But will definately consider Prozac.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:09 pm

mmmmmm! i wonder if i can get hrt without the menopause!!! :P
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 pm

:lol: :lol:
I feel sorry for all the men reading this post hoping to learn about oils!!
It was me who got the seaweed taste, smelly, when I took Nullo. And then the germans said I was schstinken so I stopped taking it. Kx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:00 pm

:lol: I think people are used to getting an eyefull of something they werent expecting on this site! Shall we take this conversation soemwhere more appropriate? I'll set up a thread "anti depressants".....
smelly

Previous

Return to Diet