Food

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Food

Postby Lisa » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Ash, I think the best thing to do would speak with a dietician. It's confusing enough, what works for some, doesnt work for others, trail n error as Gazela said. What I've been doing is harrassing Claire, (Stinky17), lol, n we've been helping each other along until we are referred, it is helpful to compare notes, but, as individuals, we have to work out what works for us. It's realllyyy hard, I know, but we will get there. Have you been reffered yet? I'm waiting for my appointment, which will hopefully be soon.
Lisa

Postby stinky17 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:30 pm

:lol: :lol: ur not harrasing me its good 2 av sum 1 2 talk 2 :D
stinky17

Postby ash » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks Lisa.
No I have just been told to follow the diet to see if it helps. If it does then my doctor will referr me. I have been trying to follow what I think is a low choline diet for a few days but I haven't noticed any difference.
I have ordered some nullo tablets some probiotics and hope to get some vit b2 tomorrow, so I don't know if I should wait and follow the diet when I have them as maybe they could make a big difference.

Thanks for your help.
Ash
ash

Postby stinky17 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:17 pm

ash, he should send of ur urine 2 b tested anyway go back 2 c him n tell him if u follow a low choline diet now it will affect ur results!
stinky17

Postby Lisa » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:47 am

Ash, I think you need to be tested first, as Claire said, it will affect your results. The probiotics are to put the good flora back after a course of antibiotics, so I wouldnt take them for a mo. Your doctor sounds like mine, about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. :roll: . You should really push for the test, THEN you can try the diet, tablets etc.
Lisa

Postby ash » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi,

I agree with you both, I thought it would be best to be tested first, as I don't know what I'm doing really!
My gp phoned me and said she had spoken to someone in Sheffield and that was the advice she was given. So I thought I would maybe follow it for 2-3 weeks and if it helps and my gp referrs me I could eat high choline food for a week or two before I was tested. Although I'm guessing now it might be a bad idea!

Thanks for your help.

Ash
ash

Postby smelly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:00 pm

ash,

can you smell yourself, or are you going by others reactions/what they say? Have you tried eating the high choline /TMO diet i suggested, even just for the day, and what was the result? If you dont get an increase in odour eating all the fish/beans/eggs stuff, you might not have TMAU so I wouldnt spend money on the b vits etc.(yet).

If you DO get an increase in odour when you eat the high choline/ TMO, then eat it all weekend and book a GP appointment for the monday morning so the GP can smell it. Then they have something to work with :shock:
smelly

Postby ash » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi,

Yes I can smell it myself. Thanks for your help and advice.

Ash
ash

Postby salim » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 am

i suffer from that nightmare,i have found that dates is the best food for us, 150 gm of that rich fruit contains about 9mg of choline only which is of course very low.
salim

Postby stinky17 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:31 am

thanks ill give them ago is there any other thats that low?
stinky17

PreviousNext

Return to Diet