Food

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Food

Postby stinky17 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:01 pm

hi its not letting me join either 4 some reason thanks anyway :D

when i went on a site tho i saw that vidio of myself on itv lol its weird seeing my self haha

if u av any tips tho get em posted on ere cause ill try any thing that will help me infact if some 1 said if u set ur arse on fire n u wont smell any more i think i would :lol: :lol: :lol:
stinky17

Postby ash » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Thats a bit drastic but I know how you feel. :lol:

You did really well on that show you should be proud of yourself. It was only through seeing the channel 4 show that I knew I had some of the symptoms. The publicity is good for people who know they have a problem but don't know were or how to get help.

Lisa, I tried to pm you to say thank you, for your pm but I think I did something wrong. Thanks for your help.

Ash
ash

Postby stinky17 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:52 pm

thanks ash i was the same only gt tested after seeing it on channel 4 so thets why i went on tv 2 raise awarness so other people dont av 2 wait as long as i did :D
stinky17

Postby shania12345 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 pm

I would like to see the diet sheet that says sausage and bacon are ok because as far as I know,it is not. At least not the way it's made in the USA. Can someone email it to me at
Shania
Last edited by shania12345 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shania12345

Postby shania12345 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 pm

As far as the Yahoo group getting alot of emails Ash,you don't have to get any emails if you don't want,you have the choice of getting single emails, an email digest where a bunch of emails are sent in one email or you can just read the posts directly from the Yahoo group. It gives you the choice when you join.

Shania
shania12345

Postby stinky17 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:20 am

hi, i think wot lisa ment was sauage low meat in them n turkey bacon cause i cant eat them but they sound ok cause we can av small amounts of turky :D
stinky17

Postby smelly » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:35 pm

OMG stinky17 you just made me spray tea all over from laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just catching up with yesterdays posts.....)
Last edited by smelly on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smelly

Postby smelly » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:41 pm

i think that chicken turkey possibly bacon are in the 'moderate levels of choline'' category (of list i read), so you can have smaller portions of it than a normal person, but you shouldnt avoid them completely. If you only ate things in the low choline category for the rest of your life you would probably be dead pretty quick and weigh 2 stone :shock:

i think the reason we might react differently to the meats might be to do with whats in the meat as much as anything. Whenever I read stories about what scientists find in shop bought meat, it puts me off more and more. i cant afford to spend much on food these days, but if I do have it I make sure its the best quality possible. Id rather have a piece of chicken the size of a golf ball that was probably just plain chicken, then a big fillet of something that has been pumped full of antibiotics steroids and gawd knows what chemicals to keep it alive in its sad little disease ridden box!

I looovvvveeee bacon more than anything, but jeeze the stuff they put in it would make your eyes water. I have just discovered Sainsbury do an organic bacon and it costs twice the price of othersbut Im eating half the amount I would normally eat so I reckon its worth it.

I know the whole organic thing can be a bit of a money making racket, but with meat, I think it might be worth it. I just read in a paper the other day that manufacturers are NOT obliged to put on the meat label all the things that have been added to the meat, (never mind the animal while it was alive!.....)

Sorry if you’re about to have your dinner.....but we are supposed to be eating less meat anyway, so its for your own good ....a bit like paul mckenna trying to put people off eating cholcolate by imagining hair in it :?
smelly

Postby Lisa » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 pm

The suggested meal plan I put up, has just low to medium choline in it to get the nutritious value in your body. As Melly and I stated earlier, you cannot remove choline completly from your food, it is a very important part of your food intake. We need some so our bodies can function properly, without it, it can lead to all sorts of health issues, one of them being your liver.
Lisa

Postby ash » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi,

What pasta can you eat? I have bought some that doesn't have eggs in the ingredients, but is made with wheat is that ok, does anyone know?

Thanks if anyone can help. I'm also confused by Gazelles post were he said about even eating low choline foods together can make the choline content too high!

Ash
ash

PreviousNext

Return to Diet