Food

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Food

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:48 am

Hi Smelly17
Yes, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries are very low.
I find these ok even though I have quite severe TMAU.
Well done for your TV appearance by the way.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby stinky17 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:11 pm

thanks sk :D
stinky17

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:54 am

Does anyone eat brown rice on the low choline diet?
I know that it is higher in choline and contains B vitamins, but my digestive system is playing up a bit with all this white rice I am consuming.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi smellykelly

im too lazy to look up choline amounts of two types of rice, but I bet its not a massive difference. And if the brown rice is helping you poo more regularly I think thats a good reason to choose it. I think if you are not 'regular' :x (constipated face) that is thought to be a bad thing for this condition. You want to keep things moving.
smelly

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks Smelly, brown rice is about 9 compared to about 2, so not a lot different.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby Pat » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:28 pm

I saw claims that sufferers of TMAU CAN have dairy products from grass-fed cows. I, too, have been trying to learn more about this. Interestingly, I have found several articles about supplementing pre-and post-partum cows with "Rumen Protected Choline". This means that choline, which would naturally be broken down in a cow's rumen, has been altered in order that it doesn't break down in the rumination process. This is supposed to provide additional health benefits for the cow as well as--you guessed it--increase milk production. Depending on the amount of choline administered, this can also result in increasing the choline of the cow's milk up to about 30-40%. Also, many cows are fed high amounts of soybean products which we know are very high in choline.

Two thoughts occur to me: 1. Research and, if reasonable, buy and consume milk from 100% grass fed cows that have not been supplemented with rumen-protected choline. 2. Find out or ask researchers to find out how the cow's rumen is breaking down the choline and see if this process could be adapted to help TMAU sufferers.

I would think that this as well as exploring the role of intestinal flora are intriguing avenues of research.
Pat

Postby Avery » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:36 am

Along with berries, orange, peach masks and grape fruit, celery contain pectin a form of fiber that can cause you to feel bigger for hours, think of them as little proteins tanks....

Naperville Boot camp
[url=http://www.toplevelfit.com/naperville-boot-camp/]Naperville Boot camp[/url]
Avery

Postby choc a lot » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone else feels almost like they have an eating disorder as a result of trying to follow a low choline diet.
I find when I have a bad experience (like if someone makes a comment about the smell) I become really strict about what I eat. I lose weight. I'm not making sure that what i eat is balanced or nutritious, just low in choline. Then, after a few weeks usually, I begin to lose hope that even this super strict diet is helping and binge eat on foods i know I shouldn't.
I get really worried if friends or family invite me for dinner or drinks, even a trip to starbucks can become a big outing. then I feel really self conscious for days afterwards waiting for the smell to come out if I've eaten something I don't trust.
My weight is yo-yoing all over the place. I feel guilty about almost everything I put in my mouth. It just feels like food has become this huge THING in my life that I spend so much time thinking about. At the same time all the enjoyment and social aspects associated with it have disappeared!
any tips people have for maintaining a positive relationship with food would be much appreciated :)

On a happier note, I can't recommend water kefir and even small amounts of (grassfed cow) milk kefir highly enough. I noticed a massive difference compared to probiotic tablets and once you've set them up they're really cheap and easy to run. (they're live probiotic cultures which you keep alive with sugar water or milk depending on the grain you have. easily ordered online).

massive thanks to everyone who posts on this forum x
choc a lot

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 pm

I started getting like this but then i realised i needed help big time i was actually starting to pass out etc i then thought what is the point in living if you feel dead inside ( meaning you deserve a decent life) go back and speak to your doctor you Can't do this diet on your own .There us a downloadable choline chart on Mebo research ,also kindle has a book called simply delicious for tmau x
beautifulsoul39

Previous

Return to Diet