Human probiotic infusion

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

Human probiotic infusion

Postby malory » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Or fecal bacteriotherapy may be available in London for a cost of £4000. Tintin found this link:

http://www.ei-resource.org/community/gr ... ?groupid=1
malory

Re: Human probiotic infusion

Postby malory » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Taymount Clinic have sent me a very detailed brochure regarding the treatment of gut dysbiosis with fecal bacteriotherapy via enema. It is expensive: £4000, and of course we have no guarantee it will work... Still, it is at least available in the UK and the preliminary diet etc looks very interesting. I have e-mailed Glenn at Taymont and he is fully aware of odour conditions and how it affects us financially as well. However, if we show interest, there is a possibility that he may come up with an idea to assist us in acquiring the treatment more economically perhaps. worth a try anyway, as I think this could potentially help some of us (also, Dr Mc Connaghie who does the treatment for the NHS up in Scotland did not reply to our requests, so we have to look at private clinics). The info brochure is excellent. If you are interested in receiving the brochure , here are the details:

Taymount Clinic for Digestive Health
The Taymount Clinic
1st floor
16a High Street
Hitchin
HERTS SG5 1AT
tel. 01462 712500

www.taymount.com

ps. I don't work for the clinic! Wish I did - may get a cheaper treatment!
malory
malory

Postby Ms Bananas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 am

Here in Finland that procedure is available for around 400€ (the price might have gone up a bit from last year, and to that you have to add the cost of getting your donor's poo tested for bad bacteria and parasites and beneficial bacteria as well, so I'd add another 400€ to the bill), done privately in a clinic in Eastern Finland. Very reputable doc, does the same procedure in a public hospital as well, but getting it done on NHS means you'd have to have clostridium difficile or such serious condition and still you'd have to beg and crawl...Finland in general hasn't even heard of Tmau.
In Norway you can have this done without your own donor, don't know what the cost would be or where it's done, might have been Oslo.

Ms B
Ms Bananas

Postby Mallory Smith » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:05 am

Hi Ms Bananas - do you have the name of the clinic in Finland?

Malory, did you have treatment in Taymount? Was it a success?

Thanks,
Mallory
Mallory Smith

Postby Ms Bananas » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:09 am

Hi

the doctor is Niilo Härkönen in Mikkeli, Finland. The price for a fecal transplant is 320€ last time I checked, you don't need your own donor, they have their own.

They don't have a proper website but here's the contact info.

https://www.118finder.fi/int/sbd,89833,.htm
Ms Bananas

Postby Suzie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:50 am

Hi Mallory..

Just to say that I did FMT treatment at Taymount in July. My symptoms did not improve over the summer - I had a few very extreme episodes. However things have been a lot better over the last 3 weeks - not gone away but definitely better in terms of the extremeness of odour. I have also been doing high zinc supplements since start of Sept (200mg per day) + digestive enzymes + alfalfa + B2 + charcoal so it could be to do with that rather than the FMT...I'm going to have to stick it out and see how the next month goes really as I think it's too early to say if it's working or not at the moment. Have my fingers crossed though and will keep you posted..

Suzie
Suzie

Postby robert123 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Hey Suzie,
You're a very brave lady for going through with the fmt, you really have my full respect. It's such a pity it wasn't the magic bullet that you and i thought it might be but you never know the new bacteria implanted into your system might take some time to grow and your current progress is a sign of things to come.
It's interesting to read all the things you've been trying and thankfully how your situation is improving. It reminds me of something of what Maria from the MEBO charity said about her son. He had a severe odour problem and tried lots of things to combat it to no avail. However when he started to do those same things together in unison with each other then he found he was able to overcome his problem, hopefully it will be the same with you. ;)
robert123

Return to Read it here