Psychologist interested in TMAU's social effects

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

Psychologist interested in TMAU's social effects

Postby malory » Thu May 17, 2012 12:06 pm

A psychologist is interested in writing a book which includes some of our experiences of ostracism and social difficulties. If you would like to send him any accounts of your experiences/difficulties, it would be helpful. I found it cathartic to write about my darkest moments and I think it is a good opportunity to educate psychologists/counsellors about how damaging these conditions are.

He is also interested in learning about how our forums and meet-ups help us.

skunkhugs (who takes care of the Skype chat group) is also interested in setting up a conference with the psychologist and it would be great if people were to take part in that.

Kip may be contacted directly on:

kip@psych.purdue.edu

or feel free to pm me if you like
malory

Re: Psychologist interested in TMAU's social effects

Postby malory » Sun May 20, 2012 7:43 am

malory

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Im a bit techno backwards - can anyone give me an idea what a skype conference call is - do you use a camera and everyone on it can see each other, and you speak rather than typing? Or can you just listen in if you're feeling a bit shy :roll:
smelly

Postby malory » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Ah, another technophobe like me. About all I know is Skype is free to download. Skunkhugs has a Skype group which talks regularly. I only went on Skype once and it was just talking with no visual images. But you are right you can use a video camera so speakers can see each other or just speak into the microphone (which may be built into your laptop). To join skunkhug's group you just have to download skype and set up your password and name then add skunkhugs and Arun as friends and you're ready to chat. more info about the skye group is on the MEBO homepage.
malory

Postby Liajhone » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 am

Now Skype is part of Microsoft. Together we will bring innovative technology to friends, family and colleagues everywhere. And now the future possibilities for our customers are even more exciting. We will enable more people to connect in more ways that transform and enhance their lives. And this is just the beginning. :)
Liajhone

Return to Read it here