BBC World Service - Radio Interview - Volunteer Required

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

BBC World Service - Radio Interview - Volunteer Required

Postby admin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi All,

We've done well in the past, so lets keep it going :D , please see below email, if you think you would like to volunteer please email ari directly. (replace [at] with @ in the email address - the [at] is used to prevent spam bots picking up email addresses from forums)

PLEASE let us know if you will be doing it..

Many thanks, Admin

(I may volunteer for this one if no one else comes forward - though I wouldn't be a patch on Mallory et al. !)

EMAIL REQUEST*******

Good afternoon. I work as a science reporter for a BBC World Service program in the US called "The World," and I'm exploring a story on TMAU. I am hoping to make a trip to the UK next week to record some interview material.

I would like to interview someone with the genetic condition (Type 1 TMAU) who would be willing to share their story with me. Ideally, I'd like to speak with someone who lived with the condition for a while before knowing it was genetic, and subsequently found out that it was genetic. I'm curious about how that's impacted them.

I appreciate that some people with TMAU might be nervous about speaking to the media. Please be assured that I'd be happy to talk to them on background first, without any commitment that they will necessarily go on the radio.

If you can post this message to your forum, I would be most appreciative.

Yours sincerely,
ari daniel shapiro

aridanielshapiro[at]gmail.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: BBC World Service - Radio Interview - Volunteer Required

Postby admin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:02 pm

just for info - done the interview with Ari - will post a link etc. when it will be broadcast
admin
Site Admin

Return to Read it here