Tmau on CNN+++++NEW TEST available in UK

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

Tmau on CNN+++++NEW TEST available in UK

Postby kittycat » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:54 pm

US sufferer Cheryl Fields is trying to get worldwide coverage for metabolic odour conditions, and Rare Diseases Day, by appearing on CNN.......But, ONLY if we give her enough votes!!! Please visit www.bloodbornebodyodourandhalitosis.com ......or vote on www.ireport.cnn.com ............Please support this brave lady :ugeek:
Also read about MEBO's new plasma methionine testing program in the UK....which will be of particular interest for anyone who has tested negative for Tmau....love kittyx
kittycat

Re: Tmau on CNN+++++NEW TEST available in UK

Postby smelly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Kittycat, the links dont seem to go anywhere, do you know if we have to type something into a search box on the site or something?
smelly

Postby smelly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:24 pm

I managed to get the cheryl fields page I think you're talking about.

For anyone who has a few minutes to spare, try cutting and pasting this into your google search box to get the page....

http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... 20Outreach

then follow the instructions in red. The more people who do this the more likely CNN will report on TMAU. It takes a few minutes and is anonymous, no commitment. I think if you sign up and leave a comment it probably looks even better.

And thanks for the link about testing , Ive signed up. Good one kittycat :D

PS They are also proposing to test peopples breath to see what volatile compounds are there, which would be of interest to anyone who thinks that their odour is coming from their mouths - TMAU positive or not - go to the bloodbornebodyodorandhalitosis.com site and look for "Alveolar Breath Test ". Its a BIG site these days so a bit tricky to find articles but worth it. Any advancement on odour conditions is going to come from sufferers testing themselves this way and pooling the results from people worldwide
smelly

Postby kittycat » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Sorry smelly (I hoped you'd be interested :) ) I'm not the best on computers....but I typed them in so carefully, and hoped they'd work...They should work if you use your search engine...If you go to the MEBO bloodbornebodyodorandhalitosis.....site, you'll see the links....And see all the other exciting projects being worked on, by real medics with computer skills....It's all starting to happen in body odour world :lol:Kcx

Sorry I X posted! Thank's for making it clearer smelly :D ....Wouldn't it be wonderful if you found the source of your problems :D If anyone deserves it, you do....Good luck :ugeek: And I know you'll share your experiences with us...They're starting a database too, so we can all pool our knowledge, and experiences, in a confidential way...Kcx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:08 pm

kittycat, :D no not your fault at all, I think the site it takes you to keeps changing the info it puts on the page , if you see what i mean?

If anyone has trouble getting the info PLEASE post here so everyone gets to see it, we'll help you out!

Im pretty up to speed on medical matters in a self-taught hit and miss way and I still come away from that bloodborne.... site with a headache sometimes. Its a lot to keep up with. Im no computer wizz either but we might be more computer literate than some others on this site, especially if theyve been out of the work place for a while.......I wonder if we should start a thread on here like 'alternative testing' or 'current research' or some such, and try to put across the idea of what is being offered on that site? If I was going to that site now, not having known the history of who started it and its credentials, I might think its another 'lets make money out of smelly folk' sites and not take it seriously. Just a thought. Its a bit tricky because i think this site was set up as a kind of official aid to the NHS for the condition of TMAU, and they might not like the idea of opening it out to wider odour conditions (although privately I think clinicians would agree that this self testing by wider odour groups is probably the only way we are going to get any further forward.....)
smelly

Postby kittycat » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Yes, in this economic climate I think they are our only hope for research...Let face it, most GP's seem to find our odour symptoms almost amusing! :? Let them walk a day in our shoes! Especially mine, and I'm diminished.... :roll:
Mebo is a charity, but donations are purely voluntary, and the site is run by volunteers who have worked for years with commitment and energy...and sometimes, they get less than thanked by sufferers, some of whom can act more like trolls...A good way to donate is to go via bloodbornebody.....site, when you order through Amazon..... Mebo Research get a donation at no extra cost to the purchaser....The link is on the MEBO Research blog page...
I hope I haven't breached any admin rules....this is the first forum I ever joined and I love it, and the members on it....kcx
kittycat

Postby drstillstanding » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:08 am

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-748848

You can go directly to the link and vote for it to be on CNN.

Sorry for the confusion gang.

Very Sincerely,

Cheryl Fields
www.thediversityproject2.com
drstillstanding

Return to Read it here