MEDIA ARTICLES ON TMAU

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

MEDIA ARTICLES ON TMAU

Postby malory » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Ellie is in 'That's Life' magazine this week. It is already out and dated 8th September.
Karen is in 'Chat' magazine this week also. It should be dated 10th september and is issue 37.
malory

Re: MEDIA ARTICLES ON TMAU

Postby PoetFire » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks Malory and Ellie. I read Ellie's article today. Very good. We all benefit from your bravery. Thank you.
PoetFire

Postby Abyss » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Thats great, well done on being so brave and confident to Ellie and Karen and thanks for putting us out there hopefully people will sit up and take conditions like ours more seriously, wish i had an inch of bravery as you both to do something like that, i will keep an eye out for articles.

Abyss
Abyss

Postby Ellie Girl » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Thank you :-) xx
Ellie Girl

Postby PoetFire » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:07 pm

I read Malory's today. 2 stories in one week. Amazing. Thanks very much ladies.
PoetFire

Postby Ms Bananas » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:21 am

I'd like to thank you both too, good job. Are these articles anywhere online, it'd be nice to read them abroad as well..?
Ms Bananas

Postby kittycat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks ladies.. 8-) 8-) You've no doubt helped more sufferers toward diagnosis, and control of their condition..Also more sympathy and understanding from the general public..I'll think of you, and smile, the next time I'm feeling flat, and suffering 'the pathetics' :D love kittyx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Doc Martin just had a patient with a fish odour...Doc knew all about it of course (the only one who does!!!??) he asked if cheese made his pulse faster?? said he suspected he had trimethylamuria and asked for a urine sample..... 8 people on the forum immediately!!! hopefully an ongoing topic :D :D :D :D Kcx
kittycat

Postby malory » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi all, don't think i've forgotten about our raising awareness campaign!

I'm working on an article myself now. Magazines are great 'cause they lie on tables in waiting rooms for months but we also need something in a 'serious newspaper' as well. I don't know if anyone took up that newspaper offer a couple of months ago. I look forwards to seeing the 'Food Doctor' programme though. This will be great coverage! (Good luck to the gorgeous legged, brave lady in that).

The health MPs totally blew us out. I got the same dismissive reply 3 times (one via my local MP, one letter, one e-mail) with a warning not to contact them again or I would not receive a response! :evil:

Kitty, did you say you had the name of another health minister I could try to harass?
malory

Postby kittycat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 pm

I did malory......Sir Liam Donaldson, Chief Med Officer, started a drive 2yrs ago to cut the use of antibiotics. They were being diagnosed to 10million people for minor virus's...I don't know if he's still in the job, and perhaps we ought to give the medicals time to 'calm down dears' Or maybe just a letter of encouragement and support for his efforts, asking if it had lowered the rate of antibiotic prescriptions? .... Dentists next I reckon, as most Tmau-ers suffer bad breath..Perhaps if we could suggest good products (tongue scrapers) for them to flog as well, greed might spark their interest. Therabreath was recommended on another forum.....Also, what about whoever is responsible for food testing?? We need a list of everyday UK foods like Oxo cubes.....and I drink chicory, and dandelion coffee, but for all I know they're worse than instant coffee...I've emailed the manufacturers but they don't test their products for choline/sulfur etc.....kcx
kittycat

Next

Return to Read it here